ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provide Bank statement for Tier 1 Visa (enterprenuer) after

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basheer
Newly Registered

Provide Bank statement for Tier 1 Visa (enterprenuer) after

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for tier 1 visa (enterprenuer) on 21/08/2012 in country

Funds available in country

Biometric: 31/08/2012

Today, I got a letter from UKBA to provide banks statements

1) Bank statement in which £50,000 held(personal bank account in country)

2) Bank statement in which my clients are paying me money for the work I am doing for them.(Business account)

One more thing they mention that if you cant meet above points then you can withdraw the application, and they will refund the money for the application.

Now the problem is I am doing contract job for a company through Agency and that money goes in Business account.

I have provided two contract at the time of my application, those contracts are between my company and client and there is no agency involved, in this my clients use to pay me by cash and I never put this money in the business account.

Is it safe to show business account in which I am getting money from agency?

Is it good to have new entry now in my business account statement from the clients?

Everyone's suggestion matters alot to me. I am completely puzzled

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Venture Capital route is much safer in this regard. You have to open a company after getting visa.

Anyways, there are two things they are asking you.

1) They want to confirm if you still have access to £50,000 funds. That can be shown via bank letter and bank statement

2) You have to show proof that clients are paying you money. It can be a bank statement or it can be receipts. But you have to show where that money from client have gone. It should have gone somewhere. If an agency is involved in between, you can show the proof of Agency's payments to your account.

Since your talking about a new contract now (which you got after submitting application), you need to show all your contracts.

EXCEPTIONAL
Newly Registered

Re: Provide Bank statement for Tier 1 Visa (enterprenuer) a

Post by EXCEPTIONAL » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I need to know 2 things to better suggest you something.

1) how many working days,they have given you to submit these documents, if you have received the query through recorded post , does the time starts after receipt of their letter.

2)secondly for the bank statements, how old statements they have requested you to send, should they be of 1 month old or three month old.
(one more thing, did you provided business statements with your initial application.)

if i can know the above , i will be in a better position to analyse and suggest.

Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

If you applied as an owner of ltd company did you give business bank statement?

If you applied as selfemployed sole trader, did you provide your business bank statement? If you did not have business bank account then did you provide your personal bank statement confirming business transaction?

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 pm

EXCEPTIONAL wrote:I need to know 2 things to better suggest you something.

1) how many working days,they have given you to submit these documents, if you have received the query through recorded post , does the time starts after receipt of their letter.

2)secondly for the bank statements, how old statements they have requested you to send, should they be of 1 month old or three month old.
(one more thing, did you provided business statements with your initial application.)

if i can know the above , i will be in a better position to analyse and suggest.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply

1)I have to submit this bank statements before 19 March 2013 (28 days)

2) Business bank statements showing monies received in my business bank account since 02.08.2012

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

rizwan567 wrote:If you applied as an owner of ltd company did you give business bank statement?

If you applied as selfemployed sole trader, did you provide your business bank statement? If you did not have business bank account then did you provide your personal bank statement confirming business transaction?
Thanks for your reply

I have applied as selfemployed. At the time of my application I have shown personal accounts for both £50,000 and maintainence which is £900.

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:Venture Capital route is much safer in this regard. You have to open a company after getting visa.

1) They want to confirm if you still have access to £50,000 funds. That can be shown via bank letter and bank statement

2) You have to show proof that clients are paying you money. It can be a bank statement or it can be receipts. But you have to show where that money from client have gone. It should have gone somewhere. If an agency is involved in between, you can show the proof of Agency's payments to your account.

Since your talking about a new contract now (which you got after submitting application), you need to show all your contracts.
Thanks for reply

UKBA is looking for bank statements.

Under this route can we do contract VIA Agency?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm

basheer wrote:
BlackBirdSSG wrote:Venture Capital route is much safer in this regard. You have to open a company after getting visa.

Thanks for reply

Hi Basheer,

Could you answer the below queries to help you in better way.

2) Did you get UK BA query to your email ?

3) How many days they have given to submit these documents?

4)secondly for the bank statements, how old statements they have requested you to send, should they be of 1 month old or three month old.

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm

la wrote:
basheer wrote:

Thanks for reply

Hi Basheer,

4)secondly for the bank statements, how old statements they have requested you to send, should they be of 1 month old or three month old.

1) I have to submit requested bank statements before 19 March 2013 (28 working days)

2) I got UKBA query VIA post

3) They want business account statement since 02/08/2012(it means almost 6 months) till now

I haven't provided business bank statement with my initial application

Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

basheer wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:If you applied as an owner of ltd company did you give business bank statement?

Thanks for your reply

I have applied as selfemployed. At the time of my application I have shown personal accounts for both £50,000 and maintainence which is £900.

Caseworker is getting confused here. He is not supposed to ask from you to show your business bank statement or personal bank statement showing business transactions since it is never needed for initial application. Its only needed when you are applying for extension and when money has been invested OK lets assume it for a minute that he is right in order to meet this requirement you should have supplied with your application a personal bank statement showing business transactions or business bank statement. Had you provided your personal bank statement highlighting the business transcations then you would not have been asked this question.... See para 99 of guidance which states:

a) Personal bank statement showing transactions for your business;
b) Business bank statement; or
c) Letter from a UK bank confirming that you have a business and act through that bank

But paragraph 99 is only needed to be satisifed when you claiming funds have been invested as is the case in extension application.
Last edited by rizwan567 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

basheer wrote:
la wrote:
basheer wrote:

Thanks for reply

Hi Basheer,

1) I have to submit requested bank statements before 19 March 2013 (28 working days)

3) They want business account statement since 02/08/2012(it means almost 6 months) till now

Thanks
Thanks Basheer ,

You got query today - How can you say that you got 28 working days given if you have to submit the documents before 19 March 2013? Could you please kindly give more details on this?

Did UKBA ask you to submit the personal bank statement since application date ? or just recent bank statement irrespective of number of days bank statement may have?

Yes you can claim your contract through agency

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm

la wrote:
basheer wrote:
la wrote:
basheer wrote:
Thanks for reply

Hi Basheer,

Thanks
Thanks Basheer ,

You got query today - How can you say that you got 28 working days given if you have to submit the documents before 19 March 2013? Could you please kindly give more details on this?

Did UKBA ask you to submit the personal bank statement since application date ? or just recent bank statement irrespective of number of days bank statement may have?

Thanks for your quick replies

It states on letter that within 28 days I have to submit the bank statements sorry for confusion.

There is no condition on personal account I can send them recent bank statement
But there is condition Business statement it need to be since 02/08/2012

EXCEPTIONAL
Newly Registered

Post by EXCEPTIONAL » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 pm

thanks for reply

First thing first, i think showing the investment funds are not a problem, because you have to show them in your personal account, and you have fair enough time. (i am still not sure do you have to show bank statement of personal account form august to present to show the availability of investment funds or it has to be of last one month.)

i assume you are fine to show that you still have access to investment money 50,000. if you don't have the money in your account at the moment, don't worry, make it available and produce the statement. (people who applied before 31 jan, 2013 are not bound to show that they had the money consistently in your account, as long as you can make it available you will be fine. for reference paragraph 9 of statement of changes effective from 31.01.2013)

secondly, don't be panic, and don't think each an every line of the letter as the end of world.
reason is when you are geniunly doing a business, there could be 100's of different scenario's and everyone has entirely different circumstances. so don't just be panic.

now what you have to do to satisfy them. assuming you are running a genuine legitimate business and someone entirely new to the business. explain them everything in detail that you have received the payments for the first few contracts in cash.
Did you had business bank account at the time of those transactions, if not you can explain that because you was in the process of opening a business bank account so you received the payments in cash. if that cash was deposited to your personal account, take out personal account statement of that time and highlight it. in other scenario if you did had business bank account at the time of those payments and even though you received them in cash, you have to satisfy them what were the reasons of receiving the money in cash, may be the client didn't had access to his accounts, or it was convenient for him, like i said in real business there could be 100's of different scenario's.

in my observation U.K.B.A is fairly flexible with tier 1 Entrepreneur applicant's as long as they are satisfied the applicant is genuine. after all you are bringing in money and will create jobs, which is important to them.

when you provide them statements, draft and attach a covering letter and explain everything clearly. in my opinion it would be better to consult an accountant.

contracting through agency is fine as long as the terms of contract show you self employed, you should not be employed in way or form.

i hope that will be helpful.

Disclaimer: the above explanation is a personal opinion through my own personal experiences and doesn't from a legal advice in any way, shape or form.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm

basheer wrote:
la wrote:
basheer wrote:
la wrote:
Hi Basheer,

Thanks
Thanks Basheer ,

Thanks for your quick replies

It states on letter that within 28 days I have to submit the bank statements sorry for confusion.

- Basheer as per policy guidance for new changes , their intention to provide the documents with in 28 workings days - Not before March 19th - You have lot of time.

There is no condition on personal account I can send them recent bank statement
But there is condition Business statement it need to be since 02/08/2012
- Basheer as per policy guidance for new changes , their intention to provide the documents with in 28 workings days not before 28 days which is before March 19th as you said in earlier posts.

- You have lot of time. - I hope you understand.

Please refer below link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:45 pm

EXCEPTIONAL wrote:thanks for reply

First thing first, i think showing the investment funds are not a problem, because you have to show them in your personal account, and you have fair enough time. (i am still not sure do you have to show bank statement of personal account form august to present to show the availability of investment funds or it has to be of last one month.)

i assume you are fine to show that you still have access to investment money 50,000. if you don't have the money in your account at the moment, don't worry, make it available and produce the statement. (people who applied before 31 jan, 2013 are not bound to show that they had the money consistently in your account, as long as you can make it available you will be fine. for reference paragraph 9 of statement of changes effective from 31.01.2013)

secondly, don't be panic, and don't think each an every line of the letter as the end of world.
reason is when you are geniunly doing a business, there could be 100's of different scenario's and everyone has entirely different circumstances. so don't just be panic.

now what you have to do to satisfy them. assuming you are running a genuine legitimate business and someone entirely new to the business. explain them everything in detail that you have received the payments for the first few contracts in cash.
Did you had business bank account at the time of those transactions, if not you can explain that because you was in the process of opening a business bank account so you received the payments in cash. if that cash was deposited to your personal account, take out personal account statement of that time and highlight it. in other scenario if you did had business bank account at the time of those payments and even though you received them in cash, you have to satisfy them what were the reasons of receiving the money in cash, may be the client didn't had access to his accounts, or it was convenient for him, like i said in real business there could be 100's of different scenario's.

in my observation U.K.B.A is fairly flexible with tier 1 Entrepreneur applicant's as long as they are satisfied the applicant is genuine. after all you are bringing in money and will create jobs, which is important to them.

when you provide them statements, draft and attach a covering letter and explain everything clearly. in my opinion it would be better to consult an accountant.

contracting through agency is fine as long as the terms of contract show you self employed, you should not be employed in way or form.

i hope that will be helpful.

Disclaimer: the above explanation is a personal opinion through my own personal experiences and doesn't from a legal advice in any way, shape or form.
Hi Exceptional,

Thanks for detail reply.Could you please give me more details on paragraph 9 of new immigration rules please.

I tried to look into this link but unable to find the content of paragraph 9

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

EXCEPTIONAL
Newly Registered

Post by EXCEPTIONAL » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 am

Please see page 8 of statement of changes.

you will see the paragraph no 9 states:

9. In Appendix A, after paragraph 41-SD(b)(i)(8), insert:
“(9) confirmation that the money will remain available to the applicant until such
time as it is transferred to the applicant or the applicant’s business.”

and please see the implementation section of statement of changes to see the exception for those who applied before 31st jan

Implementation
The changes set out in this Statement shall take effect on 31 January 2013. With regard to the change set out in paragraph 9 of this Statement only, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain before 31 January 2013 and the application has not been decided before that date, it will be decided in accordance with the rules in force
on 30 January 2013.

hope that will be helpful.

Disclaimer: all my posts are my personal opinions and doesn't constitue a legal advice in any way, shape or form.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 am

Basheer did u send Current Appointment report of ur company or HM Revenue bill bank statement? it does make sense if caseworker is asking u to produce business account statement if u showed Ltd company.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 am

EXCEPTIONAL wrote:Please see page 8 of statement of changes.

you will see the paragraph no 9 states:

9. In Appendix A, after paragraph 41-SD(b)(i)(8), insert:
“(9) confirmation that the money will remain available to the applicant until such
time as it is transferred to the applicant or the applicant’s business.”

and please see the implementation section of statement of changes to see the exception for those who applied before 31st jan

Implementation
The changes set out in this Statement shall take effect on 31 January 2013. With regard to the change set out in paragraph 9 of this Statement only, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain before 31 January 2013 and the application has not been decided before that date, it will be decided in accordance with the rules in force
on 30 January 2013.

hope that will be helpful.

Disclaimer: all my posts are my personal opinions and doesn't constitue a legal advice in any way, shape or form.
It applies to third party funding only. It has no concern with those who have shown their 50,000 or 200,000 funds in their own accounts.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 pm

basheer wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have applied for tier 1 visa (enterprenuer) on 21/08/2012 in country

Funds available in country

Biometric: 31/08/2012

Today, I got a letter from UKBA to provide banks statements

1) Bank statement in which £50,000 held(personal bank account in country)

2) Bank statement in which my clients are paying me money for the work I am doing for them.(Business account)

One more thing they mention that if you cant meet above points then you can withdraw the application, and they will refund the money for the application.

Now the problem is I am doing contract job for a company through Agency and that money goes in Business account.

I have provided two contract at the time of my application, those contracts are between my company and client and there is no agency involved, in this my clients use to pay me by cash and I never put this money in the business account.

Is it safe to show business account in which I am getting money from agency?

Is it good to have new entry now in my business account statement from the clients?

Everyone's suggestion matters alot to me. I am completely puzzled

hi,

as far as I understand they just want to see.

do you still have excess to funds (50k) and secondly they want to see the contract you provided at the time of submission you are working or worked on it and got paid appropriately that is why they asking for a business account statement.

Exceptional gave very good indepth reply to your queries and I guess if you write a covering letter explaining the situation etc you will be fine but don't do unusual transactions in the business bank account now to cover up august / nov / dec / January.

regards

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Caseworker is getting confused here. He is not supposed to ask from you to show your business bank statement or personal bank statement showing business transactions since it is never needed for initial application. Its only needed when you are applying for extension and when money has been invested OK lets assume it for a minute that he is right in order to meet this requirement you should have supplied with your application a personal bank statement showing business transactions or business bank statement. Had you provided your personal bank statement highlighting the business transcations then you would not have been asked this question.... See para 99 of guidance which states:

a) Personal bank statement showing transactions for your business;
b) Business bank statement; or
c) Letter from a UK bank confirming that you have a business and act through that bank

But paragraph 99 is only needed to be satisifed when you claiming funds have been invested as is the case in extension application.

I don't agree with you and I don't think case worker is confused at all but seems to be on top of his game ..... he requested bank statements to check you got paid the amount you mention in contract provided at the time of submission of application for tier 1.

Also we all have signed declaration section 6 page 45 application form and it says it all even regarding the rule changes etc.

regards

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Rehan01 is correct. There's no confusion for caseworker. She just want to observe the progress of business and connection of available funds with the business and earnings from the business.

If you don't have business account and you registered yourself as self employed then it never means that you are not doing any business. Send them statement which you use for business purpose. It could be personal statement. Whatever you send, make sure to send every proof like:
Funds availability
Invoices
Investments

If everything relates to a single personal statement, no problem and go ahead. A certified accountant could help you up to some extent.

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,

Is this the only enquiry you had.

adeel168

Post by adeel168 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:33 pm

I think ukba asked to eithet provide 50k statement or if the amount has been invested thenprovide business statement , as they should not ask business statement if money has not been invested

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 am

basheer wrote:

Thanks for reply

Yes. You can ... There are around 4 to 5 different ways of acquiring Entrepreneur Visa. Some go for £200,000... while others prefer to go for £50,000 route. In £50,000... One is Venture capital and other is PSW Sponsor Route. All have their own requirements and conditions to be fulfilled.

basheer
Newly Registered

Post by basheer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 am

kayani2012 wrote:Basheer did u send Current Appointment report of ur company or HM Revenue bill bank statement? it does make sense if caseworker is asking u to produce business account statement if u showed Ltd company.
I have submitted Current Appointment Report with my initial application.