ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhossan1
Newly Registered

Post by mhossan1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 pm

got my passport today with ilr approved letter. still awaiting for biometric card. can someone please update skydrive.

in regards to MN1 form for my child born here, is it postal service or you can make an appointment for same day service?

many thanks

let_koko wrote:Additionally, i don't know about the rest of your questions, sorry
let_koko wrote:Firstly, you need to register your child as a British citizen, and the current cost is £551/ child and £887 for 2 children
and you also need, the following

• Completed application form MN1
• Child’s full UK birth certificate (showing child and parent’s details)
• Evidence that at least one parent has either indefinite leave to remain, a
permanent residence card or is a British citizen;*

and, although not necessary

• If the parents are married, it may be useful to supply the marriage certificate.
nats wrote:Damanishallo or Spidery_Thread or anyone who knows:

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Postal,
its very quick compare to SET 0
mhossan1 wrote:got my passport today with ilr approved letter. still awaiting for biometric card. can someone please update skydrive.

in regards to MN1 form for my child born here, is it postal service or you can make an appointment for same day service?

many thanks

let_koko wrote:Additionally, i don't know about the rest of your questions, sorry
let_koko wrote:Firstly, you need to register your child as a British citizen, and the current cost is £551/ child and £887 for 2 children
and you also need, the following

• Completed application form MN1
• Child’s full UK birth certificate (showing child and parent’s details)
• Evidence that at least one parent has either indefinite leave to remain, a
permanent residence card or is a British citizen;*

and, although not necessary

• If the parents are married, it may be useful to supply the marriage certificate.
nats wrote:Damanishallo or Spidery_Thread or anyone who knows:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

mhossan1 wrote:in regards to MN1 form for my child born here, is it postal service or you can make an appointment for same day service?
Ways to apply for British citizenship or nationality
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

rassel2013
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by rassel2013 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:40 pm

App sent: 30/7/2012
Ack received: 14/08/2012
Bio invite: 09/11/2012
Bio done: 09/11/2012
ILR received: pending

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Well i am on spouse visa i applied for it in sept 2011 and i have to pass english test which i did it was like esol entry level 1 and as i applied from student visa so i was granted 2 years exactly now 1 question is do i have to apply in last 28 days from 17oct 2013 as that wen it expires and i have to pass life in the uk test but do i have to pass any english test also if am granted ilr do i have to wait a year before apply for naturalisation or i can apply straight after as i will still b married to my wife who british will give me chances of applying straight after ilr as i heard it is possible Can any one plz advise on these questions thanks

z18runway

Re: My be it is useful for some one. Template to be sent to

Post by z18runway » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Soul&Karma wrote:I think this template i found might me useful if anyone wants to contact their local MP.

The following website provides who is your local mp if you put your postcode.

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

IMMIGRATION INFORMATION

Personal details:

Name: ………………………………………………………………………………….

Full postal address: …………………………………………………………………….

………………………………………………Telephone:……………………………...

Date of Birth: ………………………………………………………………………….

Home Office Reference number: …….………………………………………………...

Port Reference number (if applicable): ………………………………………………...

Nationality: …………………………………………………………………………….

Your application:

Date of application: …………………………………………………………………….

Recorded delivery number: …………………………………………………………….

Names and dates of birth of any others who form part of the application: …………….

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

..…………………………………………………………………………………………

..…………………………………………………………………………………………

Type of application (e.g. Indefinite Leave, Citizenship etc.): .........................................

Other relevant information: ………………………….....................................................

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Thanks

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 am

Hi All,

I applied for ILR based on 10 years longer residence. Can someone help me to update Skydrive with my details please.

Application sent on : 27.09.2012
Ackno letter date : 01.102012
Invitaion for Biometrics : 27.11.2012
Biometrics Enroll : 03.12.2012
ILR stamp: Waiting
Passport: Waiting

Kindly update my details.

Thank you.

Savali
Newly Registered

net migration

Post by Savali » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:38 am

So it turns out net migration is falling in the UK (see below)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21614086

Strange coincidence that, a sharp increase in processing times for visas coupled with a downward trend in migration numbers. I wonder if the two are somehow linked??

@isatap, #ukimmigration, #immigration for more

In other news, it's instructive that mhossan1 and let_koko both received good news shortly after contacting ukba, I'd say all July/Aug applicants should at the very least send both an email and a postal letter...it can't hurt

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLRM funds

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 am

Hi everyone I m going to apply FLRM for my family members , my application is under process still. Either I have to show funds or not 27000 earning in last 12monrhs, plus they count as earning of redundant salary or not because under T 1 extension don't count ? My family with me last 8years still I have to show earming or not ? Your advice will be appreciate Best wishes for everyone

Regards
Amjad

Mel-Mex
Newly Registered

Post by Mel-Mex » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 am

Hi guys!!
Self-confessed silent reader here for the past 2 months and i must confess i am totally depressed by the timelines posted...

My timeline so far:

Application sent on : 05.09.2012
Ackno letter date : 07.102012
Invitaion for Biometrics : 10.11.2012
Biometrics Enroll : 15.11.2012
ILR: Waiting
Passport: Waiting
BRP: Waiting even longer for that one...

My 6 months are due next tuesday and i have lost hope my IRL will be issued on time. It seems there is still a long way to go.

But i agree with the others... WE MUST ALL COMPLAIN!!! and let them know this is completely unacceptable. We are not being irrational here, we have paid for this service and we are not getting it.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 am

I'm also a September applicant and feeling suicidal as the days go by without my passport...can't believe I paid £991 and even though I'm willing to wait for 6 months, the processing of my application is clearly going to take more than that now...

My timeline:

Application sent on : 03.09.2012
Ackno letter date : 10.09.2012
Invitation for Biometrics : 17.11.2012
Biometrics Enrolment : 17.11.2012

Contacted my local MP last month - I moved to a new job and they refused to let me work w/out my documents; I'm now allowed to work, and MP has replied saying he will write to the Chief Exec but still no response. I'm writing to him again next week to get a follow-up.

I've also written two complaint e-mails to UKBA and sent one in writing last month, no response.

The next step is to slit my wrist... :shock:
Last edited by dupuytren on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

andie_83

Re: UPDATE

Post by andie_83 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks a lot let_koko.

I am sending today 2 complaint letters to

UK Border Agency
Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Also an e-mail with the same letter to:

UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I suggest all the July&Agust applicants do the same.
I will update if any news.

Andie

Punjabis

FLR(m)

Post by Punjabis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I need to ask some specific questions in relates to my wife dependent visa. I recently got ILR on 10 yrs basis. I was on Tier1g visa and my wife dependent of Tier1g visa.
Q1. In FLR(M) section 7. Do I need to show financial requirement? As per previous posts From Damanisshallo and Other seniors. I am in impression of no need. Am I right here?

Q2 in section 4 questions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 what would be the answer in my scenario (I hv 2 children's both born in UK and both have tier1g dependent visa on biometric card).

It will really helpfull if any one can answer my query. I hv to go on PEO on Monday.

stoorrey

Re: FLR(m)

Post by stoorrey » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Punjabis wrote:I need to ask some specific questions in relates to my wife dependent visa. I recently got ILR on 10 yrs basis. I was on Tier1g visa and my wife dependent of Tier1g visa.
Q1. In FLR(M) section 7. Do I need to show financial requirement? As per previous posts From Damanisshallo and Other seniors. I am in impression of no need. Am I right here?

Q2 in section 4 questions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 what would be the answer in my scenario (I hv 2 children's both born in UK and both have tier1g dependent visa on biometric card).

It will really helpfull if any one can answer my query. I hv to go on PEO on Monday.
I asked the same questions and Damanisshallo gave me this answer.......see the post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4780

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 pm

stoorrey wrote:
Punjabis wrote:I need to ask some specific questions in relates to my wife dependent visa. I recently got ILR on 10 yrs basis. I was on Tier1g visa and my wife dependent of Tier1g visa.

I asked the same questions and Damanisshallo gave me this answer.......see the post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4780
I already have seen those comments but as its says "my child was not under immigration control".
And my children both has got Tier1G dependent visa??.
Will it apply to my children scenario too????

k77

Post by k77 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi dupuytren,

Don't be disappointed.Keep on complaining.They will response. The things is

we applicant are so scared that making complain will put a bad effect on the

application but that is not the case.We should register our complaint if our

application is not processed quickly.

Wish you best of luck.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Punjabis wrote:I already have seen those comments but as its says "my child was not under immigration control". And my children both has got Tier1G dependent visa??.Will it apply to my children scenario too????
My child also has a visa similar to your kids. The reason why the UK-Born children not under immigration control is because they are not here un-lawfully rather they were born here.
FAQ @ IB wrote:Q31 - My UK-born-child was issued leave previously. Can I skip including him in the settlement application even though his leave will expire before I can expect my settlement to come through?
Yes, if you have no reason to believe that your settlement application will be refused. If you are granted settlement then whether the child has valid (PBS or non-PBS) leave or not, or whether dependant leave will expire on the day you apply for settlement or 2 years down the line - becomes irrelevant. Any "overstay" won't affect the child's entitlement for British citizenship, if/when you're granted ILR. After settlement, register your child as a British citizen.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm

I also am a August applicant and have actually given up waiting for the post-man. I have surrendered to the fact that we are political pawns on a chessboard that has us non EU citizens and then everyone else. We have no advocates and to make a political statement and appease some segments of society, they will treat us harshly as they cannot touch EU migration with a barge pole! However, I think that after reading some posts here I will make a call to HO. What is the telephone number you guys have been using?I tried one number and after going through some options, I was told by a female automated voice that they are unable to give information on applications withing the last six months, goodbye!

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Dear Damanisshallo,

Can you help with below please. In September2012 I applied for ILR based on 10 Years. I have Tier1 visa till end of April 2013. Currently My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent and she is in UK with me since 3 years. My son born Here. My wife got both Life in the UK test and English language test certificates(Nov2012). Unfortunately both of them went to India in January 2013 due to my Mother in Law's severe health issues. I need help on following:-

1. Once i get ILR, can I able to apply for them for ILR from India? She has all certificates that required for FLR(M) & SET(M). But i am not sure whether we can apply outside UK.

2. If it is not possible to Apply ILR outside UK, is it dependant visa i should apply (if they can not able come back before current visa expires ) once I get my ILR. Is there any maintenance of funds needs to be shown?

3. If they stay more than 90 days in one go outside UK(so far 60 days now), is it a issue to get ILr through FLR(M) & Set(M)

When you get a minute, please suggest me on above.

Thanks in advance.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Punjabis wrote:I already have seen those comments but as its says "my child was not under immigration control". And my children both has got Tier1G dependent visa??.Will it apply to my children scenario too????
My child also has a visa similar to your kids. The reason why the UK-Born children not under immigration control is because they are not here un-lawfully rather they were born here.
FAQ @ IB wrote:Q31 - My UK-born-child was issued leave previously. Can I skip including him in the settlement application even though his leave will expire before I can expect my settlement to come through?
Yes, if you have no reason to believe that your settlement application will be refused. If you are granted settlement then whether the child has valid (PBS or non-PBS) leave or not, or whether dependant leave will expire on the day you apply for settlement or 2 years down the line - becomes irrelevant. Any "overstay" won't affect the child's entitlement for British citizenship, if/when you're granted ILR. After settlement, register your child as a British citizen.
thanks Daminsshallo.
So what do you think for answer 4.1

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 pm

@Terry143

1. Once i get ILR, can I able to apply for them for ILR from India? She has all certificates that required for FLR(M) & SET(M). But i am not sure whether we can apply outside UK.

ILR or any form of "leave to remain" cannot be applied for from outside the UK.

2. If it is not possible to Apply ILR outside UK, is it dependant visa i should apply (if they can not able come back before current visa expires ) once I get my ILR. Is there any maintenance of funds needs to be shown?

Your spouse may apply for settlement visa from outside UK, and if eligible, may be issued with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) endorsement. Though your dependants may not fall under the financial requirement threshold but you still need to show that you've enough funds available to maintain your family without relying on the public funds.

3. If they stay more than 90 days in one go outside UK(so far 60 days now), is it a issue to get ILr through FLR(M) & Set(M)

There is no such thing mentioned but you might be held answerable to plenty of questions and supporting docs. so, why risk it?
UKBA wrote:The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.
Skydrives, Templates

okello
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting time 2009 - 2010

Post by okello » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 am

boonbin wrote:I have copy some information from previous topics. included myself on the list still in waiting.......

slight discrepancies in the last tracklist for 10-year ILRs, just updating it here:

ILRs OBTAINED:

Rajj applied on 15/07/09 and got it on 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22.1 weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 and got it on 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17.7 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and got it on 17/02/10: WAITED FOR 27.3 weeks

STILL PENDING:

Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29.3 weeks
Boonbin Applied on 10/08/09 and is still waiting: now 28.6 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27.6 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27.6 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 26.6 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 26.1 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 24.4 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 24.0 weeks
[/quote][/quote]applied 22/08/12 and still waiting now 25 weeks

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 am

Thank you very much Damanisshallo.
Damanisshallo wrote:@Terry143

Your spouse may apply for settlement visa from outside UK, and if eligible, may be issued with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) endorsement. Though your dependants may not fall under the financial requirement threshold but you still need to show that you've enough funds available to maintain your family without relying on the public funds.

There is no such thing mentioned but you might be held answerable to plenty of questions and supporting docs. so, why risk it?
UKBA wrote:The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.

ANGUS_JOHN
Newly Registered

Dependents FLR(M) inquiry

Post by ANGUS_JOHN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:42 am

My quick quest. My dependents leave expires at the same time as mine and i will apply for the my IRL in May, So i should apply for my wife and kid FLR(M) at the same time for them as well because i cannot wait for my reference to come and write it on their application cz by that their leave would have expire
so once they will get their FLR(M) Then they can apply for SET(0) Straight away as they would have already completed 2 year time requirement and also is it must to maintain balance for dependents for their FLR(M).

i would be greatful to you for clearing this.
thanks again

smshad

Post by smshad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 am

Hi,

Be very careful on your situation because rules for application made within the UK and applications made outside the UK are sometimes different.

If your wife's visa will expire while she is outside the UK then she will have to apply as the dependant of a settled person but for ILR she will come under the new rules, 5 years stay and financial requirement.

I did read it somewhere last year but could not find this again so I contacted UKBA and they said the same.

Take care.
Shad.
Terry143 wrote:Thank you very much Damanisshallo.
Damanisshallo wrote:@Terry143