ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee exemptions?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilm

Fee exemptions?

Post by ilm » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:16 pm

The new fees announcement has made me so annoyed it I want to hurt someone!

To make an informed complaint, I have been reading as much as I can as my Croatian wife is to apply for ILR later this year.

My biggest 'gripe' is someone here on a work based visa does not pay so much for ILR as a spouse but I have now read that that.
In accordance with the 1961 Council of Europe Charter or the 1996 European Social Charter (revised), nationals of countries which have signed and ratified the charter are exempted from the requirement to pay the fee for FLR(IED) and FLR (HSMP) applications. Therefore, individuals making applications for IED LTR who are nationals of Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Turkey and Ukraine.
I can find no corresponding Exemptions for any spouse related visas and wondered if anyone knows any more about this?