ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

317 Days Absences ILR Approved Under Tier 1(Self Employment)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oppyrama
Newly Registered

317 Days Absences ILR Approved Under Tier 1(Self Employment)

Post by oppyrama » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Ever since I found dis forum, I knew I had it all. I kept checking for every feedback about ILR. Note my steps as below:

(1) Tried booking an appointment several times without success. Eventually booked through a solicitor and got 28th February 2013 (Croydon).

(2) We got there like 3 hours early as I live in West Midlands. Solicitor came like 15 minutes to the appointed time.

(3) We all went through the normal security screening. Rigorous a bit for myself and my wife except for my 2 little children.

(4) Went with solicitor to see a lady at the desk down stairs who checked some doc and gave us a number to go upstairs and make payment.

(5) Went straight to make payment £3,444 for all of us. Card transaction was approved after entering my pin.

(6) We all went to the waiting area for our number to be called. It was eventually called around 3PM (1 Hour Wait). Then my solicitor presented all doc on our behalf to a case worker who took some details down on her system then asked my solicitor to join us back in d waiting area for biometrics.

(7) Called for biometrics after like an hour. They only took my children's facial picture. Took my finger print and facial pix. Same with wife. We also filled a form with 2 questioneer and sign it. Then we went back to the waiting room.

(8) Called after like an hour and our solicitor went and tendered all document to a new case worker. I guess the shift for the previous case worker was over. Unfortunately, we were informed that our application will have to be treated the next day and were told to come and pick up docs by 2PM the next day. Felt bad but had no choice! The wait felt like all my life was into it.

(9) Left the hotel room and went to somewhere nearby 3 hours before 2PM. Solicitor came around 3:30PM gave 1 excuse. I bought it because I had no choice. She then came back from inside the home office with the success bundle.

I gained a lot from this forum. I specifically charged my solicitor to use or modify all docs that I got from this forum and they were really really helpful as everything seems straigh forward despite my 313 days out of UK. I noticed something that the case worker did. The case worker ensured I did not spend more than 90 days out in a year by practically using a pen to calculate the days in each year. Was a bit surprise though!

I would be glad to entertain any question and I really appreciate everybody in this dynamic forum.