ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 Naturalization certificates recieve what's next

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifeinuk80
Newly Registered

Mn1 Naturalization certificates recieve what's next

Post by lifeinuk80 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello members

Received children's Joint naturalization for two

Applied on 07 February, 13 February acknowledgement received and got yesterday both certificates.

Issue is that on a covering letter no1 it says on top my son's name and address,In explanation it says son's name stating application was successful. But the problem is on another cover letter for my daughter it appears my son's name and address and In explanation it verifies my daughter's name.

Is this because when I made a payment slip I have put my son's name as first applicant or is there a major issue.

My daughter and son have Indian passport and we are thinking to travel to India in may. Do we have to surrender Indian passport once we get there British passport.

Many Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 pm

First check and satisfy yourself that the details on the certificates itself are correct.

You can apply for their passport immediately if you so choose to.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 pm

This is normal. They just use one child name for the postal address shown at the envelope window. As long as the certificate is fine, you can just ignore the cover letter.