ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA biometric information appointment exception

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

addianup
Newly Registered

UKBA biometric information appointment exception

Post by addianup » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am

Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself I live in UK and on a PSW visa and applied for tier1 enterpreneur visa in December 2012. We are three spplicant for tier1 entrepreneur visa it is me and my two dependants, my wife and my son who is one and half years old.
In the mid of January 2013 we have received our biometric invitation letter for all the applicant, so by the end of Jan. 2013 we went for our biometric enrollment at a postoffice and enroll for biometric for myself and my wife but were unable to take picture of our son because he was crying and we have tried few times for his picture to be take but unable to do so. The postoffice stuff said they can not take the picture of the baby while he is crying.
So, we have email to ukba AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for further information and procedure for biometric enrolment for our baby. They then send me an email in next day stating that I will be receiving our new biometric invitation letter for our baby as earliest as possible. After that one month has gone we are still waiting for the letter and send an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk that we have not received the biometric letter yet but have not get a reply and still waiting and so not know what to do.
So, anyone please tell me what to do next! Shall I still wait or wait until the letter comes? Do you think that our application will be processed as normal or ukba will wait until the biometric if our baby is taken. If anyone know something about the matter please let me know.
Thanking you
:(

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:58 am

Keep chasing them through email. Other than this, I think there is nothing much you can do here.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 pm

For how long was the baby crying? You should have waited for the baby to stop crying... even it took you guys half a day.

Anyways, they can only be reached via email. Just keep on emailing them after every two days... Until they reply back.

Ahmediqbal
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmediqbal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 am

I think children under 11 are exempted from biometrics, please check and confirm

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 am

No one is exempted from Biomatrics. Even 10 day child needs to appear for it!

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am

As far as I know children under age of 6 don't need to provide finger prints. They just need to provide digital photograph. Correct me if I am wrong.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi

Anyone under the of 6 is NOT required to Give finger prints for BRP.

source.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... WWWf2vUM1Q

Regards

Unprofessional
Shaukat

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 am

khan_81 wrote:As far as I know children under age of 6 don't need to provide finger prints. They just need to provide digital photograph. Correct me if I am wrong.
agreed that they don't need to provide finger prints but must go for photograph......
well just an advice instead of sending them email give them a call as I had some problem with my son's Bio letter I rang them and they issued a letter at same day..... the contact number is on the letter
all the best

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am

But still do they need to appear for picture???? Right? What I wanted to say (in the context of this post) is that everyone needs to go to PostOffice/UKBA including the children under the age of 6. Its not like they dont receive biomatric invitation letter from home office.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi

Word someone used was "Fingerprint" not "picture"

so i took the meaning as i read.

Thanks

unprofessional
Shaukat

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi,

My situation might give you an idea.

I applied on 3rd of January 2013 with wife and daughter and received our biometrics letter on 26th January. My daughter's DOB was wrong on the letter. I have requested for a new letter on 28th January 2013 by calling the 08706067766 and went ahead with myself and my wife's biometric enrollment. I received the call from case worker on 6th feb 2013 asking about the reason for missing biometric enrollment for my daughter. I explained the situation to him. He approved our case and sent us the passport and other documents on the same day. My self and my wife received BRP shortly after that. Here comes the hardest part...

I have not received my daughter's corrected letter for more than 15 working days. I've sent an email to the AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk address and received the response in couple of days that they have referred to the relevant team.

On Feb 15 2013 i received the call from case worker again and was told that my daughter letter was dispatched on 14th Feb and asked me to write to him once we enroll the biometric to issue the BRP for my daughter.

I did not receive the letter again even after another 10 days. I have called the 08706067766 on 25th Feb again and came to know that the letter was sent to my previous address(i lived there more than 18 months ago). They raised a new request again the same day. In the mean while i also sent 3 emails to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . I did not receive any response from them as i got in the first time.

Again another week has gone and still no letter, i sent a written letter to case worker on 4th Mar asking him to sort out the issue(Recorded signed for 1st class). The letter was delivered today. I again called today (5th Mar) the 08706067766 and asked the status. the lady managed to talk to the relevant department and assured that the letter will be sent either today or tomorrow.

The Approval letter for my daughter too had wrong DOB and title (master instead of miss). I've requested to re-issue the letter to the case worker in the same letter i've sent him on 4th Mar.

Still fingers Crossed.. I will keep you posted on any updates.

Only advise i can give you here is keep calling the 0870*number and sent repeated emails.

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi rarun53 did you apply in country application?

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

Yes,In country Tier 1 General Extension.

rooney0511

Post by rooney0511 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am

rarun53 wrote:Yes,In country Tier 1 General Extension.
Sent a message, look in your inbox.

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Finally received daughter's biometric letter on 13-Mar-2013 dated 05-Mar-2013 (took 7 working days to arrive).

Enrolled biometrics on 16-Mar-2013. Sent a letter to case worker on 18-Mar-2013. received BRP card on 28-Mar-2013.

Finally All done

Gupta rd
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKBA biometric information appointment exception

Post by Gupta rd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:05 am

One more question
Was your daughters application part of yours ? Did you still go and submit your wife’s passport etc before your daughters issue was resolved ? How did you do that please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKBA biometric information appointment exception

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 am

Gupta rd wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:05 am
One more question
Was your daughters application part of yours ? Did you still go and submit your wife’s passport etc before your daughters issue was resolved ? How did you do that please
This topic/thread is more than 5 years old. Kindly refrain from digging up old topics.

You have also been asked already here (click) to desist from tagging onto other members topics and continue in your own thread - here (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.