ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need higher income when applying for ILR than tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eightwoods
Newly Registered

Do i need higher income when applying for ILR than tier 1

Post by eightwoods » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Let's say i go through tier 1 general path to ILR and the income when applying ilr is lower than the time applying for tier 1, even though the current income still falls in the same band as before.
i know in the sticked threads it's said that whether income is higher or not is irrelevant but i've heard from some people that the officials in PEO ask applicants if their incomes are higher than the time they applied for tier 1. any information is appreciated.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

you just need to score the required points - there is no salary comparison.

uksettlement
India

Re: Do i need higher income when applying for ILR than tier

Post by uksettlement » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 am

eightwoods wrote:Let's say i go through tier 1 general path to ILR and the income when applying ilr is lower than the time applying for tier 1, even though the current income still falls in the same band as before.
i know in the sticked threads it's said that whether income is higher or not is irrelevant but i've heard from some people that the officials in PEO ask applicants if their incomes are higher than the time they applied for tier 1. any information is appreciated.
You have been misinformed. Just go by the rules in place.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

eightwoods
Newly Registered

Re: Do i need higher income when applying for ILR than tier

Post by eightwoods » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

uksettlement wrote:
eightwoods wrote:Let's say i go through tier 1 general path to ILR and the income when applying ilr is lower than the time applying for tier 1, even though the current income still falls in the same band as before.
You have been misinformed. Just go by the rules in place.
thanks to both of you!