ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 and additional income from my blog

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doubush
Newly Registered

Tier 2 and additional income from my blog

Post by doubush » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

Hello,
I got tier 2 visa and i am going to relocate to UK soon.
However, except my work i have my won blog where i can earn some money every month (some companies pay me for advertising).

Is this legal if i am in UK with tier2 visa and have additional income not from my employer?
What is the best way to process payments to me? Should i get payments as private person and pay taxes as private person? Or is it possible to register Ltd company if i am on tier 2 visa?

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 am

This is not income from employment and is beyond the scope of the work restrictions on your visa. It will be liable for UK tax.

doubush
Newly Registered

Post by doubush » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:25 am

Lucapooka wrote:This is not income from employment and is beyond the scope of the work restrictions on your visa. It will be liable for UK tax.
I understand i will have to pay taxes from this income. What i would like to know if this is legal or not to have this additional income.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 am

I've already commented on the legality; it's permitted.

doubush
Newly Registered

Post by doubush » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 am

Lucapooka wrote:I've already commented on the legality; it's permitted.
Thanks. I understand now.

Maybe you can asver one more question or point me to correct direction if this is not subject of this forum.

How does taxation works in this case?
I can open a bank account. My clients will pay me. Then on the end of the year i will have to pay some percent of total income as taxes.
Is this correct? Or i need to pay a tax every month ?
Or this is complex thing i and i have to consult with accountants to do this corerctly?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 am

doubush wrote:My clients will pay me. Then on the end of the year i will have to pay some percent of total income as taxes.
Is this correct?
Yes. You complete a self-assessment form and submit this each year. All of this can be found easily on the HMRC site.

doubush
Newly Registered

Post by doubush » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 am

Lucapooka wrote:
doubush wrote:My clients will pay me. Then on the end of the year i will have to pay some percent of total income as taxes.
Is this correct?
Yes. You complete a self-assessment form and submit this each year. All of this can be found easily on the HMRC site.
Thanks for all your answers!