ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

very very imp pls pls help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirzhar

very very imp pls pls help

Post by mirzhar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:20 pm

My wife is British citizen she came to Ireland to start living in Oct 2008
We had a baby boy born in Ireland .He holds Irish and British Passport

I would like to apply for Irish passport for my British citizen wife (NB she is on job seeker allowance at the moment )

Please advised can i apply or when can i apply is there any rule for British citizen who live in Ireland for 3 years can apply for Irish passport ?

And last question i have Eu stamp 4 since 2008 after applying for the Irish passport how this will effect on me ?

Many thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 pm

as your wife is not irish, you have to wait until you complete 5 years on stamp 4 / EUFAM before you qualify to apply for naturalisation.
You will still have to renew your current permission when it expires in 2013 by applying for EU3 or EU1. You also have an option to change your permission to residency under zambrano. that's an option if you do not qualify for either EU3 or EU1 (it depends on your spouse's activities in the state for 5 years)
while your application for naturalisation is pending you still have to keep your permission valid and renew it when necessary. It may take a year for the naturalisation application to be complete.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you very much for your advice which is very valuable

My question was my wife who is British citizen and living in Ireland since 2008 want to apply for Irish citizenship .. I heard if and only exception for British if they live in Ireland for the period of three years then they can apply for Irish passport ??

Or she has to wait until the five years complete then she can apply ? And after earning Irish citizenship how this will effect on my Status as i am holder of EUfam4 holder . ?

Please help

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:34 am

mirzhar wrote:Thank you very much for your advice which is very valuable

My question was my wife who is British citizen and living in Ireland since 2008 want to apply for Irish citizenship .. I heard if and only exception for British if they live in Ireland for the period of three years then they can apply for Irish passport ??
I have never heard of it. It will be applicable if the British has Irish root, maybe great grand parents, grand parents etc
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 am

mirzhar wrote: Or she has to wait until the five years complete then she can apply ? ?
I have never heard of a British that is not connected to Ireland through Association, apply for citizenship after 3 years.

This is different though for people born in Northern Ireland

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 am

mirzhar wrote:And after earning Irish citizenship how this will effect on my Status as i am holder of EUfam4 holder . ?
It will have no effect on your stamp as you'll continue to get 4EUfam.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 am

Thank you for your reply

Although she doesn't have any roots from Ireland , I was wondering like other EU countries if some one continue stay here 5 years then they can apply for Irish passport based on 5 years residency

If i am wrong then please make a correction . How does that rules apply on British citizen

Thank you

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am

It's the same for British citizens (unless they are from NI) as for other EU citizens.

The '3 years' thing you've heard of is if they are married to an Irish citizen, I believe. And that may well have changed now anyway.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:44 pm

mirzhar wrote:Thank you for your reply

Although she doesn't have any roots from Ireland , I was wondering like other EU countries if some one continue stay here 5 years then they can apply for Irish passport based on 5 years residency
Thank you
Yes any citizen of EU can apply for Naturalisation after living here for 5 years.

Your wife will be eligible to apply for naturalisation after Oct 2013!

All she need are documents that proves that she's been living here since the last 5 years

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 pm

st pauli wrote: The '3 years' thing you've heard of is if they are married to an Irish citizen, I believe. And that may well have changed now anyway.
Still in place, any nationality married to an Irish citizen can apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage. Some requirements such as continuous residence, good character etc apply though

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 am

Thank you every one for your reply . So far what i understand is that if any eu citizen including British lives 5 years in Ireland then they can apply for Irish citizenship , What i think will be difficult to prove it that you have lived 5 years continue in the state

the only way we can do is the rental agreement or bills .

And in my case if eu citizen is employed by UK based company and getting paid in UK bank account and paying tax there

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am

I am French and got approval for Irish citizenship after 5 years (becoming Irish next week :-)).

They are actually petty flexible with EU citizens with regards to paperwork to document your residance in Ireland. All they want is a copy of 3 utility bills or bank statetements or official letters per year written to the person's name and stating an address in Irleand.

However I think they also expect you to have worked and paid taxes here (not sure if time spent as a student can count). I remember that at least I had to provide copies of my P60s/P21s for the past 5 years (I do't think they required payslips but I am not sure anymore). They also requested the contact details for my employer in Ireland.

I think if she was employed and paying tax in the UK ... she would not be considered as a residant of Ireland for that time.

And actually I think you should think about it before making the application, as your Stamp 4 EUFAM is based on her either working or studying in Ireland and also if she argues she is living in Ireland for citizenship purposes, I am not sure how they will feel about her paying tax in the UK (ie being a residant of the UK for tax purposes).

So maybe you guys should look at these things carefully and make sure what the possible implications of applying are (maybe it is fine, but I definitly thing the pois I mentioned are worth double-checking).

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks

Your info was very important in regards to our situation. Moreover what if we have all the proof then i hope it should be okz.

Yeah we will plan before we make any decision thanks