ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test identity proofs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Life in UK test identity proofs

Post by globalindian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi,

Currently my application is with UKBA for Tier 2 extension. So ideally my passport and BRP(even the old one) is with UKBA.
i was planning to give the life in UK test. Is there any way I can give the Life in UK test without the original Passport or BRP card?
I do have all the copies of the passport and the BRP card and also the Biometric letter from UKBA.

Please advise.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:50 pm

You could use your driving licence if you have one.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 pm

cs95tdg wrote:You could use your driving licence if you have one.
Thanks cs95tdg. Unfortunately I don't have a UK or EU driving license. Will any other proofs be acceptable?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 pm

You need an acceptable form of photo id, along with proof of address.
Do you perhaps have an expired passport which you could use as photo id. Any utility bill with your name and address would do for the other.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... tsV4_3.pdf

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 pm

I have all forms of utility bills. But only thing is that I don't have the passport or UK driving license. I do have India driving license with me. I do have Bank statements as well providing my address details.
cs95tdg wrote:You need an acceptable form of photo id, along with proof of address.
Do you perhaps have an expired passport which you could use as photo id. Any utility bill with your name and address would do for the other.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... tsV4_3.pdf

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:21 pm

If you don't have any of the photo IDs mentioned under the link provided, then you will probably have to wait until you receive your passport or brp. (Unless someone on this forum knows whether you can make a request for the return of your passport to take your LITUK test)

If you do plan to get your UK driving licence in the near future, then one alternative option would be to apply for your provisional licence now - which can be used as a photo id.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Ok. That sounds a good plan. Thanks mate.
Do you have any idea how to get provisional license and how long does it take to get the license? Do I need to give driving test to get provisional license?
cs95tdg wrote:If you don't have any of the photo IDs mentioned under the link provided, then you will probably have to wait until you receive your passport or brp. (Unless someone on this forum knows whether you can make a request for the return of your passport to take your LITUK test)

If you do plan to get your UK driving licence in the near future, then one alternative option would be to apply for your provisional licence now - which can be used as a photo id.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Just realised that what I suggested, is not possible, as you would need to submit your BRP to get your provisional licence. I.e. as proof of your LTR & as a photo id. So unfortunately, that isn't possible.

No, you don't need to take the test to get a provisional licence. See the following link for further info. https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisio ... ed-to-know

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Anyways thanks mate. Fingers crossed and I have to wait for the passport to come back. That's another problem...Nowadays it is taking 5 weeks to get the passport after biometric. :x
cs95tdg wrote:Just realised that what I suggested, is not possible, as you would need to submit your BRP to get your provisional licence. I.e. as proof of your LTR & as a photo id. So unfortunately, that isn't possible.

No, you don't need to take the test to get a provisional licence. See the following link for further info. https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisio ... ed-to-know