ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days for the NARIC letter of equivalence?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

My NARIC response time was...

1 to 5 working days
No votes
6 to 10 working days
8%
11 to 15 working days
No votes
16 to 20 working days
33%
21 to 30 working days
58%

Total votes: 12

Reshma

How many days for the NARIC letter of equivalence?

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Hello Friends,
This is a poll, which is intented to find the average number of days required for NARIC to respond. They claim it to be 10 to 15 working days. Is it actually so?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:18 pm

NARIC responds back to your application between 5-15 working days of receiving necessary documents and payment.

Delivery to your doorstep is another story altogether. Since they send out the letter of comparability to a non-UK address through normal airmail (not registered or international signed for), the timeline can range from 3 weeks to infinity. When I had applied for NARIC letter, I received it in 15 days (in India). A friend of mine applied for it 5 months ago and is yet to receive his letter still :lol: . So he ended up applying for NARIC again, and gave the delivery address of his friend in UK. That letter was received within 10 days.

Nothing much you can do. Sit back and relax.

regards

veera_simha
Newly Registered

Post by veera_simha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:08 pm

I got reply in 30 days time , I applied from chennai

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm

I applied for NARIC only to never receive any letter from them. Though they claim that they re-sent my letter 3 times (2 times at residential address and 1 time at office address) but I never got any letter from them. Might be that was mishandling of Pakistan Post but I got my HSMP approved anyway even without NARIC equivalence.

Cheers!
Regards,

Z Z.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 am

Anybody who applied after 24th of Feb 2007, got response from NARIC ?
Did the status change to 'Complete' instead of 'pending'?

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 am

i got the letter in 5 days time...from india
________
VAPIR Spam
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

invisibleman

Post by invisibleman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 am

aj_sp_007 wrote:i got the letter in 5 days time...from india
When did U apply? Can U share ur dates? Did U apply under urgent treatment?

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:03 am

i went for the online thing..and it took just five days...
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 am

Hello aj_sp_007

Did you apply from UK?
It is really surprising that you got it in 5 days...
Here i am waiting on my 23rd day.
Still my status is pending.
And it is going to make me charge an additional cost of 85 pounds on HSMP fee... :cry:
HSMP fee going to raise by April 1st by 85 pounds.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:46 am

i applied from india..payment and document faxed just took 1 day
5th day i had the letter in my hand
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHPEI

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:04 pm

When (which date) did you faxed your documents to NARIC?

invisibleman

My NARIC evaluation is complete

Post by invisibleman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello,
Just now I have seen in the NARIC Web site and it is shown that my evaluation is complete.

I have sent my documents on 21st feb by fax and received the decision today (online). Should have to wait till I receive the letter.

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:36 pm

Is a Self-Addressed Envelope with or without Postage paid necessary for applications made outside of UK?

I had applied Online and then Faxed the documents to the given number.

Applicants outside UK - please advice...

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 am

Anybody who applied after 24th of Feb 2007, got response from NARIC ?
Did the status change to 'Complete' instead of 'pending'?
No.

The Sevice Standard for Standard Evaluation clearly mentions 10-15 working days. This is usually not the case.

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:54 am

aj_sp_007 wrote:i went for the online thing..and it took just five days...
That's rather remarkable because I live in the UK; applied for NARIC evaluation online and posted my documents by special next day delivery and it still took them about 25 days to come back with a decision.

Your's, seems like an exception.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

ALee_80

Attn Reshma

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:03 am

Hi Reshma,

My advice to you is go ahead with your application before the 1st of April. You can always send additional evidence after submission of the initial application. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks for a case to reach the case-worker from the time the application is received by the HO. The guidance notes clearly state that all evidence should be provided with the initial application HOWEVER you can always send in additional evidence PROVIDED it reaches the case-worker before a decision has been taken.

If I was you I would go ahead with the application. Wait for the reference number and then fax a copy of the additional evidence stating the reference number followed by the original in post. In one case - shockboy2000 - sent in additional evidence w/out even a reference number and he got his approval. As long as your name and D.O.B is mentioned on your cover letter, there's even no need for a ref number, however the reference number still remains top preference.

Apologies for the long post.

Good luck.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks ALee_80,
I am sending my application by courier on 24th of this month through Fedex.
As they said it will never take more than 5 days to reach home office.
So my application will reach home office before 5pm of March 30th.

I am not sending my NARIC letter now. The status is still pending.. :cry:
I may fax it after I receive the ref. number. (if I receive my naric letter)
This is the plan for now.

Thanks for the reply.

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:13 pm

That sounds like a good plan. Remeber to send the original by post too after you've faxed it. Also the other thing to remember is that NARIC is NOT mandatory. It basically is for your own peace of mind. If HO wants to evaluate your degree and you haven't provided NARIC, they'll check with NARIC first and then make a decision. However, it should be kept in mind that HO is erratic and sometimes completely irrational. So yes, bottom line is that whatever you're doing right now seems to be the most logical thing to do.

A BIG UP for all March applicants :D

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:43 pm

For those who do not know yet, NARIC offer a fast track 24 or 48 hours service (The decision is made within 24 or 48 hours after receiving your document + time for posting). But it will cost you a fortune.

How Much Does it Cost?
The cost of the service is £200.00 plus VAT (£235.00) for a 24 hour service or £150.00 plus VAT (£176.25) for a 48 hour service. Payment for the Fast Track service will only be accepted by credit card or postal order.

I believe you will only get the result within 5 days if you are using this service. Otherwise, from what I have seen, prepare to wait about 15-21 working days in the UK.

Outside UK could take more time considering longer time needed for post to arrive

Pantaiema

aj_sp_007 wrote:i applied from india..payment and document faxed just took 1 day
5th day i had the letter in my hand

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:09 pm

ALee_80 wrote:Also the other thing to remember is that NARIC is NOT mandatory. It basically is for your own peace of mind.
Hi ALee_80,
By seeing the guidelines and application form, I felt it is not required.
I too aplied it for the sake of peace of mind.
It seems that they will not allow me to get that 'peace of mind'. It is nearly a month, I have been waiting for this letter. Now it is time to go ahead without this letter. :)

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm

Also to avaid that tha case worker make a mistake. If U have comparability letter from NARIC, they will not check your degree certificate again and U will be 100% sure that U get point onm education.

Pantaiema
Reshma wrote:
ALee_80 wrote:Also the other thing to remember is that NARIC is NOT mandatory. It basically is for your own peace of mind.
Hi ALee_80,
By seeing the guidelines and application form, I felt it is not required.
I too aplied it for the sake of peace of mind.
It seems that they will not allow me to get that 'peace of mind'. It is nearly a month, I have been waiting for this letter. Now it is time to go ahead without this letter. :)

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:33 pm

UK NARIC - Service Standards

" All UK NARIC evaluations are subject to the following standards of service

On receipt of all necessary documentary evidence, UK NARIC will complete a written application within 10-15 working days of arrival in the offices of UK NARIC. However, this period is not guaranteed in some cases, such as those requiring additional, in depth research, the applicant will be informed.

The work of the UK NARIC is quality assured through detailed Minimum Service Requirements and the contractual obligations set out by the Government".

If your application shows status "Pending" after 15 working days AND the applicant not informed the exact reason/cause of the delay, one should ESCALATE.

As applicants do not complain about major delays in processing, things stand as they do.

invisibleman

Apply without NARIC

Post by invisibleman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:31 am

Hello Reshma,
Apply without NARIC letter....I have done the same, inspite of applying for NARIC evaluation. As other ppl said U can very well send NARIC report after you apply for HSMP.
btw, send your HSMP appln by FEDEX, it will just take 2 working days to reach HO in UK.

All the best!!