ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kings76

Post by kings76 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

Hi morning all,and congrats for those receiving their document ,I just called ukba now and the last I spoke to was so helpful after giving her my details she asked me to wait for few minutes which I did and she later said I honestly apologise for the time the application has been and that she doesn't know why they have not send my application to the post but she will try and found out but I should call again by Tuesday or Wednesday next week if they have sent it,you see how this people are playing with my future and life,does it mean they willingly left it behind because am protesting by writing to authorities or what

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Post by lekmat01 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 am

maybe the deliveryman came to deliver your biometric resident permit card because the DX are the company that deliver BRP,so am wishing congrat in advance

aurora_moon
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aurora_moon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

DieselD wrote:
aurora_moon wrote:ESUSA - I applied the day before you, and came home from the shops today to find a red card from Royal Mail for a recorded delivery! Going to pick it up this afternoon; I really hope it's our documents!! Congrats to you though :D
Was there good news? Please note on the skydrive you have duplicated your details.
Nope, it was some other parcel :(

This is the second time this exact thing has happened - someone who applied within days of me (last time it was CDNgirl) has had their documents back, and I have received a notice from Royal Mal for a parcel. Both times the only other parcel I have been expecting has been from Amazon and why would they send anything by recorded delivery? Well both these times they did! What are the chances.

So still waiting aaaaAAAARRGGHH :evil:

I don't know why my detail in the Sky Drive are doubled, I've never edited it (many thanks though to whoever put mine in there in the first place!!)

DieselD

From Visitor to Fiance Visa to FLR (M)

Post by DieselD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm

I have finally taken the plunge after waiting 6 months to write a letter of complaint to my MP and then follow up with the Ombudsman. I have learnt from this forum that it seems to be a succesful route for some.

Timeline

May 2011 Refused entry into UK as told official I wanted to stay for 6 months with my girlfriend.
Appealed at airport and allowed to stay for 6 weeks until hearing.
June 2011 Case dropped and allowed to stay with girlfriend for 6 months as visitor but told must return as no extensions could be applied for.
November 2011 retuned home.
February 2012 Made wrong settlement application for an EEA permit and refused.
March 2012 made application for fiance visa and granted after one month.
Fiance Visa 01/04/12 Entered UK after a few days still married to first wife.
Divorced first wife May 2012
Married UK wife July 2012
Application FLR (M) 22/08/12
Biometric enrolled 22/11/12
Letter of complaint sent to MP 28/02/13
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

kings76

Post by kings76 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:24 pm

At last ukba have told me this afternoon that they have sent out my document back yesterday by post that I should contact my lawyer so am like a pregnant woman that is expecting to deliver the lady said it might be with my lawyer by Tuesday or Wednesday so guys thank you for all your support ,advice ,contributions and honest discussion hopefully by next week I will celebrate it,submitted on 29/6/12 and bio done on 15/10/12 ,I wrote letters to everybody I know apart from the ombudsman which I intended to do so next week

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Comma's saves lives...for ex:

Let's eat grandpa ...

Let's eat, grandpa ...
kings76 wrote:so am like a pregnant woman that is expecting to deliver the lady said it might be with my lawyer by Tuesday or Wednesday
Sorry only out of humor, it really made me laugh....Congratulations though...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kings76

Post by kings76 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

@ dagamasshailo if am correct thank you for courtesy and thank you for your positive contribution your analysis and suggestion helped me a long way to keep up the Faith of waiting ,@ xioahzu what is happening have you receive your own hopefully you will get a positive result too @ luckyjinx your contribution is superb too I valued your contributions and it makes me feel as if I have missed something if I have not read this forum everyday

csandbrook
Newly Registered

What does UKBA define as 'official sources'?

Post by csandbrook » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi all,

Some progress to report on my wife's FLR(M) application. I requested my passport back in mid Feb so I can make an important trip later in March. Today my passport came back along with a letter asking for more evidence that my wife and I have lived together since our marriage. The specific wording is:

"Documentary evidence to show that you and your husband have been residing together since your marriage. This evidence should be from at lest 5 official sources and addressed to BOTH parties either jointly or separately."

My interpretation of the last bit is that it will be ok if the letters are individually addressed to us rather than to us both, as long as we send at least 5 letters with each of our names on for our address (i.e. ten in total if we can't find any joint ones).

My question though is what do they mean by 'official sources'? There is no explanation of this term at all. We have electronic bills for just about everything, so it won't necessarily be easy to find 5 sources. I wonder also if we can use the same source multiple times - e.g. a phone bill for every month?

Any advice on this matter would be very welcome.

I will keep everyone posted - it does seem that perhaps requesting back my passport might have had an impact on our progress. It is 6 months today since we applied.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: What does UKBA define as 'official sources'?

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:02 pm

csandbrook wrote:My question though is what do they mean by 'official sources'?
FLR(M) wrote:Examples of acceptable items of correspondence

letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing

letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters

telephone bills or statements

mortgage statements/agreement

bank statements/letters

council tax bills or statements

water rates bills or statements

electricity and/or gas bills or statements

tenancy agreement(s)

building society savings books/letters
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ID29

Re: What does UKBA define as 'official sources'?

Post by ID29 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 pm

csandbrook wrote:... I wonder also if we can use the same source multiple times - e.g. a phone bill for every month?
No. Don't do that.

All those bills would effectively come from just one source which would leave you needing to find 4 more sources anyway.

aurora_moon
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aurora_moon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

Knock on the door this morning - finally my documents arrived!!

All is good, BRP expected in 7-10 working days.

So glad the waiting is over!!! :)

waitsomemore
Newly Registered

Post by waitsomemore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 am

FINALLY!! docs returned, app successful, BRP on the way! YAY!!

humtum

Received

Post by humtum » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 am

Time line for my case
Applied:29/11/2012
Bio:07/01/2013
Document received today:02/03/2013
Waiting for brb:should arrive in 7days

We did not contact through all process to home office or Mp

Punjabis

FLR(M)

Post by Punjabis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

I need to ask some specific questions in relates to my wife dependent visa. I recently got ILR on 10 yrs basis. I was on Tier1g visa and my wife dependent of Tier1g visa.
Q1. In FLR(M) section 7. Do I need to show financial requirement? As per previous posts From Damanisshallo and Other seniors. I am in impression of no need. Am I right here?

Q2 in section 4 questions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 what would be the answer in my scenario (I hv 2 children's both born in UK and both have tier1g dependent visa on biometric card).

It will really helpfull if any one can answer my query. I hv to go on PEO on Monday.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 pm

@ punjabis I don't know if my answer to your question will he help first I think it will need to show money in your account based on all your dependents but I knew if your children is upto 7 years here in UK then automatically they will be awarded the passport but you need to show money for your wife ,I don't know what to answer on your second question but you still need to ask a professional to advice you

DieselD

Re: Received

Post by DieselD » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 pm

humtum wrote:Time line for my case

Wow, that was quick, congratulations. What visa did you apply from?
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

Newly Registered

Family emergency

Post by 0141 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I applied for FLR(M) in mid-November, with bio done late January.

I just got some really bad news from back home and may need to travel soon.

Has anyone had experience with asking for travel documents back in the case of a family emergency? I would rather not withdraw my application.

Thanks

kings76

Post by kings76 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:20 pm

@0141 the honest truth is that they will withdraw the application and they will send you form to fill if you want to withdraw it but if luckily your application is straight forward they may hasten it up but if they need more document they will withdraw it ,in my own I didn't feel the form to withdraw it but it makes them to bring it out wherever it was and the case worker noticed that I didn't submit my old visa which they write me to summit it and after a week they return my document so it depends on your application if it is a straight forward ,anyway sorry for the bad news but remember if you withdraw it you will pay another fee when next you will apply and also check if your current status will allow you to comeback and also consider the time factor

meemyself&I

Re: FLR(M)

Post by meemyself&I » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm

With regards to your children, since they were both born in the UK, you just need to complete Form MN 1 for them, which is a Registration of a child under 18 as a British Citizen form.

By the way there is no rush to register them, except if you want to travel soonest. Otherwise i will say send off your wife's FLR M application first, after her's has been completed then you can send the children's form. The time frame for the Form MN 1 is roughly 5 - 6 weeks. After the children has received their registration certificate then you can apply for British Passport for them.

Hope this helps.
Punjabis wrote:I need to ask some specific questions in relates to my wife dependent visa. I recently got ILR on 10 yrs basis. I was on Tier1g visa and my wife dependent of Tier1g visa.
Q1. In FLR(M) section 7. Do I need to show financial requirement? As per previous posts From Damanisshallo and Other seniors. I am in impression of no need. Am I right here?

Q2 in section 4 questions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 what would be the answer in my scenario (I hv 2 children's both born in UK and both have tier1g dependent visa on biometric card).

It will really helpfull if any one can answer my query. I hv to go on PEO on Monday.
God's divine child

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Punjabis wrote:Q2 in section 4 questions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 what would be the answer in my scenario (I hv 2 children's both born in UK and both have tier1g dependent visa on biometric card).

FLR(M) Section 4 wrote:In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants.
Please stress on the word "and" from the above.

Because you don't want to include your children along with your spouse and rather make MN1 Application for your children, you shall be ticking NO for all three 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3

However, you should mention about your kids in Q 7.12 and provide details in the space provided.

-HTH
Skydrives, Templates

humtum

Post by humtum » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm

DieselD wrote:

Hi it's was extension on my spouse visa as I could not pass life in uk test and have to apply for further leave to stay

shendean

Post by shendean » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 am

humtum wrote:
DieselD wrote:

Hi it's was extension on my spouse visa as I could not pass life in uk test and have to apply for further leave to stay
same i applied for an extension. but mine havent come yet!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

shendean

LUCKYJINX CONGRATS

Post by shendean » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 am

Ive seen other forum that Luckyjinx was approved on Friday!

WELL DONE LUCKYJINX!

i knew u were not here but congrats!
Shendean

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 am

DieselD wrote:

that is quick. i applied for my wife's on 4th November and gave bio on 11 Jan, nowt yet

shendean

Post by shendean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:34 am

innocentdevil wrote:
DieselD wrote:

that is quick. i applied for my wife's on 4th November and gave bio on 11 Jan, nowt yet
Innocentdevil: Dont worry we will get it this month. lol
Shendean