ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF5 question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpio1

VAF5 question

Post by scorpio1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi all,
I got one VAF5 question to resolve, hope someone put more light on it.
Question: have you deported, removed or otherwise required to leave the any country in last 10 years including the UK?
Scenario is I got the notice to leave the country but later I submitted student application and refused after a year time and then appealed against this decision, withdraw appeal and left the UK my own expenses.
What answer should be given on above question then.

Any reply welcome.

Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, you were required to leave, even though you left on your own expense, the fact remain that you were required to leave.

Needless to say, what the answer to that question should be.
Last edited by Obie on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

It's best to tell the truth. Such a scenario would not lead to an automatic refusal.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 am

Thank you for your reply,
I will write truth in form but was wondering what answer should be as scanerio is little bit complex i think.
only confusion was 'need to leave" and later application pending in court.visa curtailed then it was need to leave the country but later on new application refusal decision was pending and i withdraw case from court.

i read in one case but could not find at this stage(case), decision was in applicant favour even he didnt mention in vistor/student visa form that he need to leave the country(he applied new visa out of country)

case was same I have scanerio.
Many thanks