ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natuaralisation Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saffaboy
Newly Registered

Natuaralisation Questions

Post by saffaboy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi All

Ive got my NCS appointment 28th March(just in time to pay old fees) and have 2 questions regarding the App form.

1. Question 2.1 asks date of first arrival in UK to settle.
Well I came here In nov 1999 on a WHM visa and then in Nov 2001 got my ancestral visa whilst in the UK. Which date do I put down, is it the first date I entered the UK after getting my ancestral or the last time I entered the UK whilst still on a WHV?

2. Question 2.2 asks to list all the dates out of the UK in the last 5 years.
What do I do in the case when Ive been out of the UK for a cerain period of time but i visited 14 countries in one trip, do I have to list all the countries and dates in each country or can i just write something like "various countries" with the dates i left and entered the UK, as theres no real space on the form to fill it all in.

Hoping someone will be able to help me out here.

Cheers guys
saffaboy

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:14 am

I'll answer your questions using your numbering:

1) You need to put the date that you first came to the UK in a capacity other than as a tourist or vistor. In this case it will be the date you first came in on your WHV, which is Nov 1999.

2) They are only interested in the dates you left and entered the UK, the actual countries you visited are not that important. I had this same problem on my naturalisation form. If I visited multiple countries on one trip, I just put the first country I went to on that trip. So for example, if I left the UK and went travelling through France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy and returned to the UK, I just put France as the country I was visiting.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.