ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My country, the UK is flaunting Human Rights does not care!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benny2013
Newly Registered

My country, the UK is flaunting Human Rights does not care!

Post by benny2013 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 am

I hope this is not removed as this needs to be heard...

This is a copy of yet another email I wrote to the UKBA - they do not respond and they simply do not care - I am British by birth and ancestry and my wife is Chinese, I have been with her for 6 yrs and she has been in the UK for almost 10 yrs. Her grandparents are dead and her mother is dying, my wife has even taken a turn for the worst - read my letter to see exactly what we have to deal with, day in, day out...

I can easily say now, that my country, the UK government, is flaunting Human Rights and simply has no humanity left in them, and I am ashamed to call myself British, even though my family has resided her for over a thousand years. Is this what my country has come to?

re reference number:***
correspondence: ***

This is the eighteenth attempt to register some kind of contact with your company and services.

I have spoken to customer service representatives 10 times and have sent emails (including this one) to six email addresses and two printed letters to the UKBA HQ address, on the 18th Jan and 15th Feb of this year.

To Summarize:
My wife applied for an SET (M) visa at the beginning of January, now I understand these things take time and that is not the issue here. We have requested to have her application placed as a priority application due to compelling and compassionate reasons.

Her grandfather on her mothers side died a few days after she had sent off the application and her grandfather on her fathers side passed away just before Spring Festival at the beginning of February. Her mother has also been taken ill through stress and a serious stomach infection. Her mother lives alone and is without help, this has been for over one month now. They are all based in China. One of your operators even asked for proof that I didn't have at the time - shocking - we had to request death certificates to be sent via email from the Chinese authorities, you cannot imagine how sickened this made both of us feel.

Her daughter, my wife, is in a constant state of grief and distress at the situation as she cannot leave the UK to grieve with her family at this shockingly difficult time. Everyone I spoke to on the phone at UKBA said the same thing - Nothing can be done - what they really meant was - we simply don't care - it was also mentioned that she can request her passport back and leave the UK...

Obviously this means she would be leaving her husband (me), her £350,000 home and business which she owns outright and on top of that she would lose the £1300 inc vat rate she paid when applying for this over-priced visa, as it would be automatically cancelled. She would also have to attempt, not guaranteed, but attempt to re-enter the country on a new and different visa even though her life is in the UK.

Obviously this is not going to happen, so she remains here, crying every day, her mother's health is getting worse and her mother is suffering alone in a hospital, thousands of miles away. I don't think you could possibly imagine what this does to a person?

Everyone at the UKBA simply says - nothing can be done - suck it up and suffer.

After this final email and letter has been sent, we don't know where else to turn. We have been advised by a local solicitor to approach the European Court of Human Rights and pen a letter to the Home Secretary as the circumstance is clearly in breach of Human Rights, because due to the non-contact (this is the biggest issue!) with anyone at the UKBA, my wife is left suffering and in terrible distress.

All we wanted was to put her application at the front of the queue due to these totally compelling and saddening circumstances. I am English, living in Scotland and my ancestry in the UK can be traced back almost a thousand years. To think that I also have to go through this stress and worry all the time that my own country can do this to another citizen of the world, leaving her stranded while her family is dying and dead in her home country, saddens me and everyone who hears what we have to say.

To Conclude:
I can only ask one more time - can anything be done to have my wife's application put into a priority queue for a more swift service or are there any special circumstances that can be taken on board?

Best Regards,

vinny

Re: My country, the UK is flaunting Human Rights does not ca

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am

benny2013 wrote:This is the eighteenth attempt to register some kind of contact with your company and services.
The UKBA is not a company.

I wonder if your mail has even been read by someone who is able to make a decision?
benny2013 wrote:and pen a letter to the Home Secretary
Try contacting the Home Secretary directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:53 am

Sorry to hear your situation, this is everyday nightmare for people who have to deal with UKBA.

I would recommend that you for short term immediately write to your MP (find your MP http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/) and ask him to query Home Office on your behalf. for Long term please report this to situation to http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/ & Home Secretary and via solicitor to EU human right commissioner.

Regards,
Tipu

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: My country, the UK is flaunting Human Rights does not ca

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:53 am

benny2013 wrote:can anything be done to have my wife's application put into a priority queue for a more swift service or are there any special circumstances that can be taken on board?
This is the actual question posed for those interested in making a response.

AllegianceonlytoCurrency
Newly Registered

Post by AllegianceonlytoCurrency » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Before you make the nineteenth attempt to contact - read my below post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=127569

Then - take your concerns to the below link

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-comp ... o-complain

Finally - update us on the outcome of your issue. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am