ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to Tier 2 - Need help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hyper24
Newly Registered

Tier 1 to Tier 2 - Need help

Post by hyper24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I currently work for Unilever and have been working here for just over 2.5 years (1 yr PSW and 1.5 years Tier 1 General). However, my contract is with Manpower (they pay me) and I am basically a contractor working for Unilever (hope that makes sense).

My Tier 1 visa is about to expire 1 st week of June 2013 and I want to move into Tier 2 as I don't earn over 35,000 pounds and can't extend my Tier 1.

I have all the points to move into Tier 2.

I want to know how this process works. Does the company apply for me? Or is it possible for me to apply for myself and my wife by just getting a sponsorship certificate from Unilever? In order to get this sponsorship certificate must I have a contract with Unilever or can my contract still continue to be with Manpower?

Also, should the company do a resident labor market test? Are there any other paper work that the company must do? Furthermore, I am a Data Analyst and must say it is not a very high skilled job.

I hope you can help. Thank you.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi,

I think u need to speak to your employer Manpower.do u know if they ate Tier 2 sponsor and in your case you are working for them and your client seems to be Uniliver?

Ideally,all you need from employer is the CoS .but if your company might hv a legal connection where they will do everything for you..

but in your case,what concerns me is that your job has to be above NQF 6 and paid at certain rates - which also I think is going to change depending on when you get assigned the Cos.

hope this helps.