ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 family visitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blackeyed

Tier 1 family visitor

Post by blackeyed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am

Hi guys i am on Tier 1 general visa and planning to bring my mom dad to visit me in UK. Do they need to show any income as my dad is retired and mom is a house wife ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

coolsen
Newly Registered

Tier 1 family visitor

Post by coolsen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,

answering to your question, you need to show the following docs
1. Your visa - copy
2. Salary proof ( pay slips, dividend vouchers and accountant letter with stamp and signature)
3. You should give them ' letter of sponsorship'
4. Rental agreement (house contract -document) - original copy with Landlord's signature
5. Employer's offer letter/ contract
6. P60's if you have
7. Utility bills - original
8. Personal and Business bank statements - Mandatory

Regards,
Senthil
Belfast

blackeyed

Re: Tier 1 family visitor

Post by blackeyed » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 am

coolsen wrote:Hi,

1. Your visa - copy
2. Salary proof ( pay slips, dividend vouchers and accountant letter with stamp and signature)
4. Rental agreement (house contract -document) - original copy with Landlord's signature
6. P60's if you have

Regards,
Senthil
Belfast
Thanks for your reply senthil but one of my friends mother in law visa was rejected and he said he needs to submit her proof of income so i am wondering is it mandatory or recent change in requirements.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 am

blackeyed wrote:

1. Your visa - copy
6. P60's if you have

Regards,
Senthil
Belfast
Thanks for your reply senthil but one of my friends mother in law visa was rejected and he said he needs to submit her proof of income so i am wondering is it mandatory or recent change in requirements.
YOur parents proof of income is the most important document. Also, it is important to show any ties to their home country to ensure they dont overstay and come back to their home country after their visa expires. if they out of work, the best is to show that they iwn a property, etc. YOur income proof is not important, its then whoc are visiting on short-term visa this country and its them who bring the risk if they overstay.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Mela wrote:
blackeyed wrote:

1. Your visa - copy
6. P60's if you have

Regards,
Senthil
Belfast
YOur parents proof of income is the most important document. Also, it is important to show any ties to their home country to ensure they dont overstay and come back to their home country after their visa expires. if they out of work, the best is to show that they iwn a property, etc. YOur income proof is not important, its then whoc are visiting on short-term visa this country and its them who bring the risk if they overstay.
Thanks Mela... so if i transfer some money to my parents accounts ~£4000. Will that be sufficient if they show it was fixed deposit and some my dad's property evaluation from some registered company i.e. around ~£20,000-£25,000.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Its hard to say what is sufficicent and what is not, beacuse UKBA does not have the clear requirement for family visitotors. Each application is judged on the combination on factors, also the amouunt of savings is directly correlated with the country of origin. What is 4k in say Zimbabwe is different rom 4K in lets say, Brazil.

Also, its important that the money is held in the account for a few months, i think 6 months is the best. Base on what you stated it seems that its enough, owing the property is very important positive factor.

My friend's mum's visa was refused 2 times, although she showed that she owns a property and had some savings (not sure of the amount) in account for a long period of time, so it is really hard to say...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 pm

blackeyed wrote:Hi guys i am on Tier 1 general visa and planning to bring my mom dad to visit me in UK. Do they need to show any income as my dad is retired and mom is a house wife ?
The two key areas that your parents will need to satisfy when applying for a visit visa are:

1) That they can maintain and accomodate themselves during their visit, without recourse to public funds. This can be done either by using their finances & or your finances if you intend to sponsor their visit.
2) That they intend to return to their country of residence at the end of their visit. This can be done by showing strong ties to their home country. Some examples of how this can be done are: Family ties, Property and any other commitments they have to where they live - I.e. anything which will show their intent to return...

Please take a look through the following if you haven't already done so: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am

I have applied a couple of time for my parents with the following documents:

1 Passport and visa copy

2 Salary slips upto 3 months

3 Bank statement upto 3 months

4 An invitation letter on company letter head (if you are allowed to use one as I have no issues with access to one)

UK visa in general is for 6 months multiple you can mention upto 2 to 3 weeks for their visit etc.

Do not complicate it with any more information, if they do have bank account with some funds its brilliant otherwise it shouldnt be of much issue.

I will also suggest to apply for General visitor visa instead of family visitor.

All the best

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 am

Is a family member allowed to apply as a general visitor?
Isn't it like UKBA coming back saying you have family over here.. so more reasons for a rejection..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 am

t1s2010 wrote:1) Is a family member allowed to apply as a general visitor?
2) Isn't it like UKBA coming back saying you have family over here.. so more reasons for a rejection..
1) Yes. The category you apply under will depend on the immigration status of the family member you intend to visit in the UK. See... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf
Family Visitor
The family members you are visiting must be permanently settled or have asylum/humanitarian protection status in the UK. They must also be related to you in one of the following ways:
- Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
- Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
- Spouse or civil partner’s father, mother, brother or sister;
- Son or daughter’s spouse or civil partner;
- Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
- Unmarried partner where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least the two years before the day the application is made and the relationship is genuine and subsisting
If you are not related to the person you are visiting in one of the specified ways listed above or if they are not permanently settled or have asylum/humanitarian protection in the UK, then you should apply as a general visitor and complete VAF1A.

2) No. If that were the case, no one would be able to visit family in the UK. The applicant just needs to show strong ties to their country of residence to show their intent to return at the end of their visit.

tier1uk052010
Newly Registered

Post by tier1uk052010 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

t1s2010 wrote:Is a family member allowed to apply as a general visitor?
Isn't it like UKBA coming back saying you have family over here.. so more reasons for a rejection..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

if u have ILR / Citizenship , u can bring them on family visitor visa , otherwise only general visitor.

recently i have applied for my mom and in laws and it was approved.

Mela

Post by Mela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm

alimohmand wrote:I have applied a couple of time for my parents with the following documents:

Do not complicate it with any more information, if they do have bank account with some funds its brilliant otherwise it shouldnt be of much issue.

I will also suggest to apply for General visitor visa instead of family visitor.

All the best
I disagree with you. Fianacial status of the visitor and their ties to the home country is the most important factor determining the approval, because its a visitor who is visiting country and can overstay, Visa officer is not concerned so much about your financial circumstances, they are not checking your eligibility. Despite you claim your parents were approved I dont know all the details, so can not comment on this, but i have known many cases when familiy visitors were rejected visa because they didnt prove their financial state.