ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approval letter & Spouse Visa fee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dubl1n
Newly Registered

Naturalisation approval letter & Spouse Visa fee

Post by Dubl1n » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I have just quick question, have received naturalisation approval letter but no ceremony date yet.
I was just wondering if spouse still have to pay visa renewal fee as I am not naturalised yet until receive naturalisation certificate?

NB: I have paid fee and send GNIB card back but no ceremony dates yet and if spouse need to renew visa before?

Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm

I would say that until you hold an Irish passport in your hand, the fee for the GNIB card for your spouse will not be reduced.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

You are only an Irish citizen the day the naturalisation certificate is issued to you, until then you'll have to pay the fee
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Dubl1n
Newly Registered

Post by Dubl1n » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:You are only an Irish citizen the day the naturalisation certificate is issued to you, until then you'll have to pay the fee
Thanks for reply agniukas & IntegratedMigran

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Dubl1n, Congrats and could you please share your experience how long did your approval took, When you applied and when you got decision ?