ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU getting married in Ireland with an EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XKAYX
Newly Registered

Non EU getting married in Ireland with an EU citizen

Post by XKAYX » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi there,

I'm brazilian and Im marrying my Irish fiance in Ireland.

He currently lives/works in London and is settled there and I'm spending some time with him on a tourist visa.

I would like to know how to apply for a family permit once I'm already in the Uk and getting married inside Europe.

* Any past experience similar to mine is very welcome.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Were do you live at present?

If you get married to him, you should be able to obtain a Residence Card if he is exercising treaty rights in the UK.

The question is whether you will be able to get married in Ireland, as you are not resident there, if i understand you well, and probably don't have a PPS and the other documents usually requested.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm

My understanding is that you only have to produce a PPS number if you have one (i.e. are or were in the past resident in Ireland)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:55 pm

It is possible to marry in Ireland without being resident. You could start here.