ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa status for Spouse and Kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Visa status for Spouse and Kid

Post by anandh79 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi ,

I have the following clarification with respect to ILR.

My visa status is on T1 valid till March 2014.

My wife and 1 year kid are in dependant T1 visa. Please note that my kid was born in UK.

I will be eligible for PR by end of April. As we are going for India on June, I have bit of confusion in applying ILR for wife and kid.

1. If I apply for ILR just for myself , is it ok for my wife and kid to be on Tier 1 dependant till march 2014 and that can they travel in and out of country.

2. If i apply for myself and wife, is it ok for my kid to be just dependant on Tier 1. After coming back from India, I can apply for naturalization for my kid as she was born here.

I don't want to postpone my PR after my india trip since the rules might change as I have already been affected with the current rules and need to wait till end of April.

Regards
Anandh.B

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:26 pm

All scenarios you stated sounds good. You will be ok either way. If they are eligible as well, would recommend you apply for all of them together, will save some money rather than paying for them again n again. Kid, you can apply for her naturalisation once you are back