ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 - not on HMRC forms but printed from blank paper

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lxx

P60 - not on HMRC forms but printed from blank paper

Post by lxx » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 am

Hi everyone

When going through my documents, I realised that my P60s given by my employer are just printed from blank paper, some are in orange colour, some are just black & white - will they be acceptable?

Or do I need to get photocopies certified by my employer?

Any comments welcome

Many thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

get it certified from your employer.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: P60 - not on HMRC forms but printed from blank paper

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm

lxx wrote:Hi everyone

When going through my documents, I realised that my P60s given by my employer are just printed from blank paper, some are in orange colour, some are just black & white - will they be acceptable?

Or do I need to get photocopies certified by my employer?

Any comments welcome

Many thanks
Get certified from your Employer. If you have time , request from HMRC ,your Employment History.You should get this posted to you with in 10 working days. You could verify all the figures on your P60s ,whether they tally with your EHY figures.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm

For guidance, HMRC website has got the sample of official P60 :

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ebu/p60snglsheet.pdf
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

sheraz7 wrote:For guidance, HMRC website has got the sample of official P60 :

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ebu/p60snglsheet.pdf
Thank you mate. that's right, P60 in 2012 was pink. Previous years, ones , must have been black/ dark blue I think.Must check mine.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Yes, but no harm in getting certified.

In a professional capacity I do some payrolls for clients. The employees of those clients, yes of course they get a P60 each year, and I email those (securely) to the clients, and then they print them out on plain paper and hand to their employees. Likewise the payslips each month.

The fact is that there are many HMRC-approved payroll packages and documentation issued from such packages is totally OK.
John

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Thank you John. Unfortunately Our payroll Accountant Posts the P60s and Payslips by 2nd class post,to our Director. Must ask him whether he could follow your secure method,of E-mailing same.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Thank you John. Unfortunately Our payroll Accountant Posts the P60s and Payslips by 2nd class post,to our Director. Must ask him whether he could follow your secure method,of E-mailing same.
Even HMRC has already guided the employers to issue P60 electronically since 2010-11. Refer to this link:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/electronic-p60.htm
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Thank you John. Unfortunately Our payroll Accountant Posts the P60s and Payslips by 2nd class post,to our Director. Must ask him whether he could follow your secure method,of E-mailing same.
Even HMRC has already guided the employers to issue P60 electronically since 2010-11. Refer to this link:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/electronic-p60.htm
Thank you.

lxx

Post by lxx » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Many thanks for everyone posted :D

I will get P60 certified by my employer.