ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

grandfather grandmother details in passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eager2learn

grandfather grandmother details in passport application

Post by eager2learn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 am

Hi All,

I am applying for my first British passport . I have noticed in the application it is asking for grandparents(maternal and paternal) details incase they are born outside UK. I can get my maternal and paternal grandparents full names. But to their correct DOB and their marriage days will be impossible. In our country there is simply no record of that for that much past years.

I can make up some approx dates but will this be validated in some way?

Anyone can suggest what I can do in this case?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:59 am

ravikd

Re: grandfather grandmother details in passport application

Post by ravikd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am

These details can't be validated so approx dates should work.
eager2learn wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for my first British passport . I have noticed in the application it is asking for grandparents(maternal and paternal) details incase they are born outside UK. I can get my maternal and paternal grandparents full names. But to their correct DOB and their marriage days will be impossible. In our country there is simply no record of that for that much past years.

I can make up some approx dates but will this be validated in some way?

Anyone can suggest what I can do in this case?

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Post by aledeniz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 am

eager2learn wrote:I am applying for my first British passport . I have noticed in the application it is asking for grandparents(maternal and paternal) details
I was wondering if there is more than one type of form, as I recently filled three applications for a first British passport, 2 from the citizenship ceremony, 1 sourced at the post office, and I couldn't see any reference to grandparents anywhere.

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am

In the section where you fill your parents' details, you can see a note on right hand side stating requirements of your grandparents' details.
aledeniz wrote:
eager2learn wrote:I am applying for my first British passport . I have noticed in the application it is asking for grandparents(maternal and paternal) details
I was wondering if there is more than one type of form, as I recently filled three applications for a first British passport, 2 from the citizenship ceremony, 1 sourced at the post office, and I couldn't see any reference to grandparents anywhere.

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

ravikd wrote:In the section where you fill your parents' details, you can see a note on right hand side stating requirements of your grandparents' details.
aledeniz wrote:

Thank you very much. Jambo is right, you dont need grandparents details if the application is through BC naturalisation.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Thank you very much. Jambo is right, you dont need grandparents details if the application is through BC naturalisation.
Is there any reference where this is mentioned explicitly? Or this is just an analysis/guess?
Last edited by Somudro on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Page 14 of the passort guide clearly states that you are not required to provide evidence of your grandparents details in case you were naturalised as BC (as your claim for BC is not based on them). Of course, one can claim that this doesn't mean that you don't need to fill in their details in the form but logically it doesn't make sense.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Post by aledeniz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm

ravikd wrote:In the section where you fill your parents' details, you can see a note on right hand side stating requirements of your grandparents' details.
Well, I filled 3 forms so far (for people who got the BC through naturalisation), and I never noticed that note, I never wrote down my grandparents' details, and no Post Office or Interview clerk has ever raised an eyebrow.