ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can we change jobs on Tier 2 (G)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abj
Newly Registered

When can we change jobs on Tier 2 (G)

Post by abj » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi,
Where to look for information on work rights? I mean when can one switch jobs? Is it limited to the current company contract or so?

Please let me know,
Also a piece of advice sought! Is it easy to switch job, i mean how easily one can get sponsorship. Obviously it depends on skills, what about a guy in IT with good 5 years of experience.

thanks

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi, u should be ok. :) Just look for jobs every where. Apply jobs directly to direct employers or via agencies. Personally, I like to apply to employers directly. 5 years is such a valuable amount of work experience.

Gagan1986

Re: When can we change jobs on Tier 2 (G)

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:24 pm

abj wrote:Hi,
Where to look for information on work rights? I mean when can one switch jobs? Is it limited to the current company contract or so?

Please let me know,
Also a piece of advice sought! Is it easy to switch job, i mean how easily one can get sponsorship. Obviously it depends on skills, what about a guy in IT with good 5 years of experience.

thanks
If you want to change your employer, start looking for other jobs. Once you find one and the employer is ready to sponsor you, ask them to create COS for you and you would need to switch your visa on the basis of COS issued by new employer

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

[url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=808341#808341]ab[/url]j wrote:Hi
Can one switch job in a tier 2 visa while in contract with a employer?
Some one was telling me of cooling period!

Please let me know.
Thanks
godistrue wrote:
abj wrote:Hi
Can one switch job in a tier 2 visa while in contract with a employer?
Some one was telling me of cooling period!

Please let me know.
Thanks
I think you can change, but the company which you are are moving need to do RLMT to recruit you.
Thanks for replying
Is there a link from ukba I can read on it.
I cannot find one
Thanks
godistrue wrote:
Thanks for replying
Is there a link from ukba I can read on it.
I cannot find one
Thanks

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 12/2012) - Page 41 of 59

Look at 192 point.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

What can you do while you are in the UK? wrote:The only work that you can do is:

the job described in your certificate of sponsorship, working for your sponsor; and
a supplementary job in the same sector and at the same level, or in a job on the shortage occupation list, for up to 20 hours per week (see 'More information' below); and
voluntary work (see 'More information' below).
245HC(e)(iii) and 245HE(g)(iii).

By switching jobs, do you mean changing employers or changing jobs for current employers?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

abj
Newly Registered

Post by abj » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 am

vinny wrote: By switching jobs, do you mean changing employers or changing jobs for current employers?
i meant changing employers. is that possible under law?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 am

Yes, if you can get prior Further Leave to Remain or Entry clearance on the basis of new employment.

abj
Newly Registered

Post by abj » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

vinny wrote:Yes, if you can get prior Further Leave to Remain or Entry clearance on the basis of new employment.
so, the short answer is yes ?