ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expecting Child ... What would I need to do?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukimmi007
Newly Registered

Expecting Child ... What would I need to do?

Post by ukimmi007 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,

We came to UK on Tier 1 (Gen) in late 2010, just got our extension for next 3 years as well. Now we are expecting our second child later this year.

What would I need to do for the new baby? Get passport made from our embassy first? Then apply for a dependent visa? Currently I am main applicant and my wife and our son (4 yrs old) are both my dependents. I won't have to apply for another extension and will be applying for ILR in late 2015. What will happen with the new baby's visa/passport/nationality etc?

Regards!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Will the child be travelling?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paba89

Re: Expecting Child ... What would I need to do?

Post by paba89 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm

ukimmi007 wrote:Hi,

We came to UK on Tier 1 (Gen) in late 2010, just got our extension for next 3 years as well. Now we are expecting our second child later this year.

What would I need to do for the new baby? Get passport made from our embassy first? Then apply for a dependent visa? Currently I am main applicant and my wife and our son (4 yrs old) are both my dependents. I won't have to apply for another extension and will be applying for ILR in late 2015. What will happen with the new baby's visa/passport/nationality etc?

Regards!
Hi

If you are planning to travel outside UK than you need to get passport of baby and than to apply for baby's visa as dependent.

If you dont have any plans to travel than your baby is exempt of any visa and applicable for passport once you are permanent resident (ILR). But in unusual circumstances if u had to travel with ur baby than either u need to apply for her visa in UK or from your home country.....

ukimmi007
Newly Registered

Post by ukimmi007 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 am

Many thanks guys, this clarifies. Given that it'll be another two years till I can even apply for ILR, I guess will have to get a passport made from my embassy for the newborn and get a visa from UKBA as well. Just in case we need to travel somewhere, we'll have to have his/her passport/visa handy.

Which brings me to the question, what is the process for that? Is that applied as a new dependent again, i.e. will it be all that again, the full fee, the maintenance funds etc.? Or is the registration a simpler process for newborns here. None of my other dependents or myself now need any more extensions, till we apply for ILR in Oct 2015.