ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for hsmp holder

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pras_78
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for hsmp holder

Post by pras_78 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:55 am

Hi there,

I hold HSMP visa and my spouse is working here as my dependent. I left my job in January and searching for a job right now, but my spouse is working.

When applying schengen, what documents we need (if I want to apply for 1 yr visa so that I can travel anywhere in europe in that one year for touring purposes). Can we get the visa, as I am not working, HSMP Visa will be on my name and employer letter will be on my spouse name..... Any idea?

Please help...... (Also which embassy I should go... if first time I go to France and ome back but after 2 months I directly goto Italy, will the Schengen still holds good?

Thanks in advance....

Cheers,
Pras

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Why not apply for visa after getting a job?

pras_78
Newly Registered

Post by pras_78 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I know that would be the best, as planning to travel somewhere on my special day... if it is not possible will travel somewhere in UK, but if I got visa, I have more options......

Many thanks,
Pras

gani999

Post by gani999 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:34 pm

You can apply for a schenegan visa from the consulate of any of the schenegan countries. You will probably be required to produce your proof of residence and employment in the UK. It is not possible to get a schenegan visitors visa for one year. You'll at best get one valid for three months, usually multiple entry.

Your being jobless may cause some problems, but it should get sorted out as your spouse is working.

stedman

Post by stedman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 pm

gani999 wrote: It is not possible to get a schenegan visitors visa for one year. You'll at best get one valid for three months, usually multiple entry.
Not true - my last schengen visa was for a year, multiple entry, maximum 90 day stay per visit. Got it from the French embassy, and it was definitely a visitors visa. Prior to that, all my other schengen visas were for 6 months. I have no experience of other schengen embassies so others may have a maximum of 3 months, but definitely not the French.