ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vietname UKBA - Fiance VISA urgent help - Wrong form!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dan1988
Newly Registered

Vietname UKBA - Fiance VISA urgent help - Wrong form!

Post by dan1988 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 am

Edit * Please see next post, information received was wrong
Last edited by dan1988 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 am

Hi all, please ignore the original post as at 3am I was not awake enough to get the correct information from my fiance, our situation is as follows

My Fiance went to submit her VAF4A (from VISA4UK) and VAF4A2 for our fiance VISA.

When she got there she was told she chose the wrong section on the VISA4UK website. It turns out she did and it says Proposed civil partnership, what is the process from here? do we need to create a new account and apply with the same details?

when we do create the new account (as we have already submitted the old VISA4UK) which category do we need to choose for Fiance, in the picture in the attached link it shows only marriage, is this the correct option.

http://postimage.org/image/abfpp7aun/

Also how will the VISA4UK application submitted wrongly at first affect us? will they not pursue that one if fee is not received?

Thanks very much for you help :)

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey does anyone have any ideas?

As far as I am aware it is the same form but instead of saying Marriage it says Propsed Civil Partnership. The form surely must be exactly the same it is the content that changes.

Please can someone advise? or let me know who I can contact for advise.

Thanks for your time

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 am

I have been researching and a lot of people say the form can be amended by hand, also on the UKBA website at this location http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... /applying/ Ifound this:

If you realise that you made a mistake on your online form, you cannot change it after you have submitted the form. Please make any changes in writing on your Completing the application form

If you review your submitted application form online or on paper, you may find that you cannot see some of your answers. Be assured that we have received the answers you have sent to us, even though they sometimes may not be visible to you. But please feel free to write comments by hand on the printed application form if you want to do so.

Do you this this will apply to the category at the top of the application? After all the from contents are the same for each application type.

Thanks

desmortess

Post by desmortess » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 am

dan1988 wrote:I have been researching and a lot of people say the form can be amended by hand, also on the UKBA website at this location http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... /applying/ Ifound this:

If you realise that you made a mistake on your online form, you cannot change it after you have submitted the form. Please make any changes in writing on your Completing the application form

If you review your submitted application form online or on paper, you may find that you cannot see some of your answers. Be assured that we have received the answers you have sent to us, even though they sometimes may not be visible to you. But please feel free to write comments by hand on the printed application form if you want to do so.

Do you this this will apply to the category at the top of the application? After all the from contents are the same for each application type.

Thanks
You are allowed to make little changes once you are in VISA APPLICATION CENTER

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks for the reply,

My fiancé was told she needed to replace the form with the correct one when at the Hanoi UKBA, but we cant unless we wait 90days for it to be deleted.

Do you think it is acceptable to change this on the form? Would this class as a little change?

Thanks again

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Got a reply from the UKBA British Embassy in Hanoi after telling them we cannot amend the existing form, there response was:
Dear Mr .....,
Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency’s Visa Enquiries mailbox in Vietnam.
Please could you kindly fill in a new form with correct type of visa application as it does affect when application is processed. You could use the same email, password and the system will give a new reference GWF number. Any incorrectly filled form could lead to the negative result so please could you ensure it right from the beginning.

Yours sincerely

Correspondence Unit
Vietnam

International Operations and Visas
UK Border Agency
British Embassy
4th Floor
Central Building
31 Ha Ba Trung
Hanoi
Vietnam
So I guess it is OK to create a new VISA4UK account using the same details.