ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which NCS office is the best?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranb

Which NCS office is the best?

Post by imranb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 am

Just like there are pros and cons of certain PEOs for ILR, I am sure there are certain NCS offices that have their pros & cons for Citizenship application. For example when I was preparing for ILR a little more than a year ago, one thing that stood out was the Solihull PEO, as they would always in almost all cases take your money only if they were satisfied with your eligibility and paperwork.

I am looking for similar guidance & advise on NCS offices across the country. I have read instances on the forum when staff at NCS Birmingham have not been up to the mark in terms of knowing some rules and making applicants run around unnecessarily for documents not really required. It could be quite stressful and distressing to visit a place where you would be made paranoid about the lack of documentation which might not be really very important.

Any good/bad experiences that any member can share with any NCS offices would be highly appreciated and I shall be grateful for that.

Many thanks,
imran

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

You apply at a PEO for ILR etc. You use NCS to review your docs and form. Consider NCS as a document checker and official document photo copier and application forwarder.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

imranb

Post by imranb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:37 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:You apply at a PEO for ILR etc. You use NCS to review your docs and form. Consider NCS as a document checker and official document photo copier and application forwarder.
Thanks wpilr, I am aware of the different functions that PEO and NCS serve. Perhaps I did not frame my post clearly. I am looking for people to share their good/bad experiences about specific NCS offices, so we can choose the best one that gives us the least grief.

I know that NCS is just a forwarding authority, but at times they do exceed their brief and come up with their own whimsical documentation requirements that make people's lives very difficult.

severnaya
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by severnaya » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Seconded about Solihull PEO. My wife and I went there for her ILR which was done with no problems :-)) but at the next interview window to us, there was a couple whose application was completely invalid. They admitted they had never lived together, and they didn't bring proper ID either.

The caseworker was really trying to persuade them to keep their money and go away. He told them at any other office it would already be gone, cause Solihull is the only PEO that doesn't collect payment at the door. They must have been very stupid, cause they were still arguing with him when we left.

For the NCS, we went to Newbury. Fast, polite and helpful, I couldn't ask for more. My wife called the office as soon as her ILR card arrived (marriage route so we didn't have to wait) and they gave us a next day booking, without even asking for payment in advance.

It's a nice setting too, in Shaw House, a stately home on the edge of Newbury. I think quite an important battle was fought there in the English Civil War.
Last edited by severnaya on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thorne
Newly Registered

Post by thorne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am

My appointment at the NCS in Westminster yestreday was very helpful and friendly, ensuring all was filled out correctly and clearly. Then again I was quite organised and had backup copies of all documentation, so we didn't run into too much difficulties.

PS: I got my ILR at the Solihull PEO too, about 15 months ago. Fairly decent folks; they nearly didn't let me in though as I arrived 2.5hrs late to the interview (British Rail delays on all days, unbelievable!), but once the office had confirmed rail delays with Chiltern Railways (yes, they actually called them over the phone) they invited me in and gave me another interview slot at the end of the day - at that stage I didn't care when it was, I was quite distressed having arrived so late and was just super-relieved they would agree to see me after all! - and it all turned out well in the end. :)

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 am

thorne wrote:My appointment at the NCS in Westminster yestreday was very helpful and friendly, ensuring all was filled out correctly and clearly. Then again I was quite organised and had backup copies of all documentation, so we didn't run into too much difficulties.

PS: I got my ILR at the Solihull PEO too, about 15 months ago. Fairly decent folks; they nearly didn't let me in though as I arrived 2.5hrs late to the interview (British Rail delays on all days, unbelievable!), but once the office had confirmed rail delays with Chiltern Railways (yes, they actually called them over the phone) they invited me in and gave me another interview slot at the end of the day - at that stage I didn't care when it was, I was quite distressed having arrived so late and was just super-relieved they would agree to see me after all! - and it all turned out well in the end. :)
Thank you severnaya and thorne for your responses. Appreciate that. Anyone else who has been to Birmingham NCS, any good or bad experiences?