ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

resgitering company for Tier 1 (Entreprenaour Visa)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n8net
- thin ice -

resgitering company for Tier 1 (Entreprenaour Visa)

Post by n8net » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi one of my friend who was in Tier 2 (G) visa lost his job and now thinking of applying for Tier 1 (Entrepranur) if he cant get another sponsor for Tier 2 (G)

so how about you go registering a company for this purpose ?> anyone who has done that give some directions - that would be appreciated.

he has not yet receieved a letter from the UKBA about the curtailment of the Tier 2 (G) so time is running out - so appreciate your earliest replies.

thanks.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:36 pm

There are 4 to 5 ways of acquiring Entrepreneur Visa

If he is on Tier 2, He can apply under following routes

A) Sponsor : £200,000 funds via any sponsor

B) Venture Capital firm's funding of £50,000

- You have to register a new company after getting visa.
- Maintenance Money for 90 days : £900 (£3100 , If inside UK for less than 12 months)
- English Proficiency Requirement : IELTS (min 4.0 in each module) or TOIEC, etc (If you have done Bachelors of above from UK, Degree can be used for this purpose)

He will most likely get 60 days letter to reapply.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 am

thanks black bird,

so registering is the company is a reqirement for this VISA ? only after getting the VISA does he need to do it ?

for the funds can he showfunds he has in a foreign account ? an dlow long does that fund need to be in his a/c?

please adavice and thanks for your time.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 am

Yes. Only after getting Visa, he would need to do all the registering process.

But, he must have Sponsor first.

Now, he can either arrange for £200,000 sponsor OR £50,000 (via Venture Capital).

Plus, there is an English Proficiency Requirement & Maintenance Money

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm

thanks blackbird. but why sponsor for Enterprnauer?

do u mean to say "third party "

so for Tier 2 (G) to Tier 1 (Entreprenaur) ONLY 200K and 50k in venture capital routes are available right ?

so no use of a foreign money eq to 50 K GBP ?

plz advice.

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm

n8net wrote: plz advice.
These random questions could go on indefinitely and they are not even on your behalf, and you seem completely ignorant of the basics. I suggest you read the guidance and then ask about what you don't understand. Or, better, get your friend to do that himself for what amounts to his application.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend who is tied up with some other stuff and all I was asking is the posted blackbrid has sugegsted that one needs a sponsor for Enterprauner but from what I hv read so far it does not suggest so.

apologies if i hv not posted without reading the guidance - just throught it might be quicker to get the answer I was looking for from getting it corrected
from ppl who may hav already read the guidance page-to page.

also I find the guidance overwhelming as it discusses many routes and I oam only intersted in in the Tier 2 to Tier 1 (Ent.) route and trying to extract that from ppl who may hv done that before.

I would be much grateful if some1 can summarise what are the req. for this route.

thanks.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm

hi Blackbrid,

can you clarify what did u mean by sponsor for Tier 1 Entr.?

also some ppl said u cant apply in person for Tier 1 Ent. but i found a price being quoted in UKBA site .

so u can apply in person ?

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

n8net wrote:hi Blackbrid,

can you clarify what did u mean by sponsor for Tier 1 Entr.?

also some ppl said u cant apply in person for Tier 1 Ent. but i found a price being quoted in UKBA site .

so u can apply in person ?
You need sponsor for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Now there are different ways of applying through sponsorship.

1. Sponsor yourself (if you have £200,000 or £50,000 for PSW)
2. Sponsor via third party (such as your parents, wife, friend, etc)
3. Sponsor via Seeding firms (such as venture capital)
4. Sponsor via Government body or similar
5. & so on...

Now, they do show same day visa on forms or websites, however they don't give you this option in real sense. Because there are too many things involved to check and verify ... which is virtually impossible to complete in a single day, even a simplest of case would take at least a month due to backlog and other logistic hurdles.