ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does the process work??? Questions... Galore!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ubugger

How does the process work??? Questions... Galore!

Post by ubugger » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:35 pm

So i'm looking to apply for a HSMP (which i'll meet the points for), but trying to understand the process that is followed. Can anyone clarify that I have to first:

Apply to the HSMP department for a HSMP visa (cost £400 as it'll be after the price rise). (DOES this get refunded if it's rejected?!)

Then I have to apply in my country (australia) for entry clearance..? (goes up to £200 starting april)....

I understand I have 6mths to apply for entry clearance from the time the HSMP visa is approved, but how long do I have before i have to enter the UK from getting entry clearance?

It's hard to find out about this information as the stupid australia website doesn't seem to have enough information on it and also is confusing with terminology (says you can apply for a "visa" but it is only entry clearance)....

Can anyone from australia shed light on the process? To me it seems confusing... I know i need a letter from my uni :)

ONE other question... Does my degree HAVE to be in the same field as my earnings? (it's not)...

Thanks all!

Aaron

meggles

Post by meggles » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:08 pm

my degree's in geology. my earnings are in plastic design. no relation. granted HSMP in dec 12.

you have the 2 step process correct... HSMP then EC..

sorry can't answer any more.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi,

First Step:
Apply for HSMP approval. Fee expected to be GBP 400 from April 2007 onwards. And there's no refund even if it is rejected !

Second Step:
Upon HSMP approval, apply for HSMP visa (if one is within UK already) or Entry Clearance (if you reside outside UK) within 6 months of the issue date of HSMP approval.

You can enter UK as long as your visa or EC is valid, but do remember there are strict parameters for extension of HSMP visa / EC. You'll understand when you read the FLR(HSMP) guidelines.

You can find all the forms and guidance notes here - www.workingintheuk.gov.in

regards

ubugger

Post by ubugger » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 am

ukjobsforme wrote:Hi,

You can enter UK as long as your visa or EC is valid, but do remember there are strict parameters for extension of HSMP visa / EC. You'll understand when you read the FLR(HSMP) guidelines.

regards
Just to clarify, does that mean the HSMP visa will have '2yrs' from the date the EC is granted? Or is it from the date you actually enter the UK?

Aaron

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:45 pm

ubugger wrote:
ukjobsforme wrote:Hi,

regards
Just to clarify, does that mean the HSMP visa will have '2yrs' from the date the EC is granted? Or is it from the date you actually enter the UK?

Aaron

'2yrs' from the date the EC is granted