ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR SPOUSE VISA FROM NEW DELHI(spouse eu national)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny_1567
Newly Registered

APPLYING FOR SPOUSE VISA FROM NEW DELHI(spouse eu national)

Post by sunny_1567 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:42 pm

firstly m realli thakful to the entire team nd also fellow participants for providing useful information to the eager applicants.Ok in my case i got engaged recently nd my fiance is in the uk,she holds an EU passport.she has been living in england for the past 6yrs(she was living in netherland previously) with her pareants.she was studying+working(part time) but since november 2012 she has started working full time but she is on a contract nd her contract is suppose to end in october tho she has decided she would apply somewhr just incase her contract doesnt renew.nd we planning to marry in october end ...so questions are:
1.is the form for spouse of an eu national and a uk national the same?
2.should my fiance chnge her nationality to a british citizen?
3.wht is the time limit for processing of application in case of EU national and uk national???is it faster in cases of eu nationals??
4.wht documents would she need to arrange before we apply and what documents do i need?
5.as marriage is kind of arranged is it necessary that we show any previous conversation history or stuff like that(is it mandatory)..cz evrything is done by parents
6.she is told by some1 tht the amount of income she has to disclose is comparatively less in case of eu nationals...is this true??if yes then whats the amount?
7.also she being an eu national i do not need to appear for any language test??is this true??
8.is there a time limit between the weddinggetting registered and filing the visa application.
9.once visa is granted whats the time limit for me to visit london??
10.is there any time minimum time limit for me to remain in london before i come to visit india again as i plan to settle there in uk,so will it affect my future application for uk stay permit.
i m really sorry because the number of questions are too much...but request you to kindly reply to the queries and do the needful

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 pm

What is her EU nationality?

See also EEA family Permits.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:07 pm

I would say that some of your questions are difficult to answer, because if you read this forum you will find out that what is in theory is very often different in practice. I think I won't lie if I say that most especially in case of applying for UK.

You are better off to apply for visa while your wife is EU national other than British, since requirements are very simple in comparison for British Citizen spouses and as I understand your yet fiancee isn't British.

Next, what requirements you want to prepare much depends whether you want to apply what is needed in theory or what practice is more likely to demand from you.

You are asking a lot of questions, but I would say that you should anticipate if they are the right ones and the most important ones.

sunny_1567
Newly Registered

Post by sunny_1567 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Thank u moderaters for ur kind attention...@vinny her eu nationality is dutch...nd @pablito thnx for just helping regarding filling the application as a spouse of eu national...nd m srry for putting forward so many questions but actly its just the tension building up but as m reading dis forum m getting a decent idea nd plus wid ur replies i think it shud go smooth..so just answer any of the questions which r possible to answer or which u think wud prove beneficial...nd yhh regarding the requirement i want to get the paperwork sorted like what ol documents nd papers are needed to be enclosed todevelop a strong case ????

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 pm

It seems to me that nationals from countries like India or Pakistan are sometimes stigmatized, I also assume that you want to leave soon after you get married?

Your case may become complicated either way, even if you make it "strong" in a sense that you will prove your relationship to be substantial.

You may want to think about making your case simple without providing any additional details that in theory are irrelevant to your application.
If you decide to give them plenty of other details regarding your situation like finances and plans they can also complicate your case, because you actually provided them these details.

I would probably try the first method myself or yet I would think about applying to another country in schengen and then travel by land to UK and get stamp at the border.

I think most of those problems arise from the fact that UK's application form for visa requires you to answer many questions that are irrelevant to your application and it gives impression that they should be answered whereas in schengen application form irrelevant questions are marked and your application would be done on paper rather than online.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

It would also be well worth reading this