ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed on Qn 7.12-Please state what ties you have with

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varre_v

Help Needed on Qn 7.12-Please state what ties you have with

Post by varre_v » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Hello There,

In the 12/2012 version of the SET(O) application form there is a new question added, 7.12 - Please state what ties you have with the country where you were born.

I am planning to write as per the below:

Family ties (mother,in-laws,uncles & aunts,grand parents live there). My father is no more and I have no brothers.

Is that detail good enough or do you need to attach a covering letter detailing the names of each connections?

Please provide your advise and guidance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 pm

• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years]
Your answer looks feasible for Q1. However, don't forget to answer the last question ? And make sure you give details of your family here in the UK.

I think that's the main motto of this question. They possibly want to see how strong is your connection to UK compared to your home country.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:37 am

@damanisshallo So is it a plus if you have a family here in UK? I am applying for ILR next month, so you think I should mention my brother lives here in the UK as a british passport holder?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:26 am

Well this is my personal opinion, I know someone who's visa was rejected because he was married for 8 yrs and his wife was in his home country.

Just be yourself
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

varre_v

Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years

Post by varre_v » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo for the advise.

I have my wife,kids staying with me as my dependents. Can I mention that?

Also my sister,brother-in-law and their son also living in the UK. Should I mention this info or skip ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:40 am

You can mention this and it would make your UK connections strong.
Skydrives, Templates

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo for your valid point.

I was searching this 7.12 option in whole forum where no one suggests including UK ties. I also personally think we should include UK ties.

We really don't have any immediate family member here in UK apart from dependent spouse and 2 kids.
What would be other possible ties there could be, any idea?
ie we are member of ethinic commuinty group in UK, should it be worth mentioning?

Thanks for your time.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I think stating the ties in the home country is only thing that question is asking for.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm

uksettlement wrote:I think stating the ties in the home country is only thing that question is asking for.
Correct.

Don't over complicate your application by putting unnecessary things which are not asked for. Keep it simple.

db83

Post by db83 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm

All I wrote was parents are in India.

If I keep writing my relatives and friends names...it will never end.

It's more of a question to gauge the relationship you have in your domicile country.
I'm just trying to help !

josephinequinopez
Newly Registered

Re: Help Needed on Qn 7.12-Please state what ties you have w

Post by josephinequinopez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:23 am

how do you answer question 10.5 (FLRP- FP) application. the question is "What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
So if i was born in the Philippines, I will state my family members who lives in the Philippines? is that right?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Help Needed on Qn 7.12-Please state what ties you have w

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:48 am

josephinequinopez wrote:how do you answer question 10.5 (FLRP- FP) application. the question is "What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
So if i was born in the Philippines, I will state my family members who lives in the Philippines? is that right?

You have tagged your question onto a thread that is more than 3 years old! You will stand more chance of a response if you open your own topic with this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.