ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport renewal by post in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maroonmoon
Newly Registered

Passport renewal by post in UK

Post by maroonmoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello,
My Indian passport is expiring in July 2013. I checked the HCI london website for information regarding passport renewal. As usual the site is full of conflicting information. I wanted to know if I can send my passport and documents by post for renewal?
The website mentions that complete application form, passport, copies and a self addressed envelope are required to be sent along with fees by post.
But in the FAQ's, they say it's mandatory to either submit or collect the application in person. Its confusing.
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me their experience of submitting the application by post.

thanks

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am

I'm faced with the exact same situation. I live more than 3 hours away from London. Can anyone clarify if they have done this purely by post?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:18 pm

To the best of interest and convenience it is better to taje it personally and take all additional docs with you in case they need more. More quicker and convenient

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Personally visiting and applying at passport office is more fast method.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:57 am

Hello,

Happy to say that I received my new passport in the post yesterday. It took 6 weeks from date of submission. I did NOT have to go to HCI London either to submit or to receive my application. The rules on this are very contradictorily worded on the HCI website. Note that I live outside the London area.

Also can report that they were extremely prompt in responding to my queries on status update by email.