ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sign petition for improving UKBA service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered

Sign petition for improving UKBA service

Post by avatar2010 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:11 am

Dear All,
I strongly suggest everyone on this forum to sign the petition for improving UKBA's service. It is high time that UKBA become little responsible towards their service, especially when they charge exorbitant fees. Please support this campaign if you agree with the suggestions.

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/london/ ... ces/page/2

United we can ! May I request the administrator to make this as a sticky post please?

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:52 am

That petition is too little too late. It is clear that the UKBA is trying to clean up its act around PEO appointments, waiting times an their general service.

Nothing in the "petition" is related to any change I'd like to see. I would have thought that the petition would have taken into account the exorbitant costs, but it doesn't.

We can see that postal application processing times have come down dramatically. The PEO appointment booking system has been overhauled and there's never really been a problem with same-day applications except when it's a complex case (which the UKBA pre-warns applicants about several times!!!).

I will not be signing it. I'd rather the UKBA focus their energy on the current changes they are making.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 am

I agree with mulderpf
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 am

Agree with what above two said

Newly Registered

Post by avatar2010 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 am

mulderpf wrote:That petition is too little too late. It is clear that the UKBA is trying to clean up its act around PEO appointments, waiting times an their general service.

Nothing in the "petition" is related to any change I'd like to see. I would have thought that the petition would have taken into account the exorbitant costs, but it doesn't.

We can see that postal application processing times have come down dramatically. The PEO appointment booking system has been overhauled and there's never really been a problem with same-day applications except when it's a complex case (which the UKBA pre-warns applicants about several times!!!).

I will not be signing it. I'd rather the UKBA focus their energy on the current changes they are making.
I do not feel any harm in signing it. Where is the clause for refunding the fees if UKBA does not provide efficient services? What guideline is set for UKBA in case of delays or unfair judgement? Anyway, I still feel that it is relevant and do not forget that it is because of such petitions that UKBA is improving

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 am

avatar2010 wrote: I do not feel any harm in signing it. Where is the clause for refunding the fees if UKBA does not provide efficient services? What guideline is set for UKBA in case of delays or unfair judgement? Anyway, I still feel that it is relevant and do not forget that it is because of such petitions that UKBA is improving
I agree there isn't any harm but at the same time there isn't any benefit. The rules are clear with regards to premium appointments that complex cases might not be dealt on the same day so it will take time. To be honest there is a lot of misuse of the rules even by the applicants so no point putting the blame on UKBA alone when its a two way process.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:14 am

avatar2010 wrote:I do not feel any harm in signing it.
Thanks for indicating perfectly why petitions of this sort are no longer taken seriously (in this day and age). The fact that you think it won't harm you and it is no skin off your nose to make a mouse click, rather than something that you are passionate about. Years ago, you had to go out and find signatories and persuade them and that effort carried weight; now you can simple post up anything on a website and anyone will sign. It's all a complete waste of time. You could put an alternative petition on the Daily Mail site and get 10 times the votes in opposition.

Newly Registered

Post by avatar2010 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 am

Lucapooka wrote:
Thanks for indicating perfectly why petitions of this sort are no longer taken seriously (in this day and age). The fact that you think it won't harm you and it is no skin off your nose to make a mouse click, rather than something that you are passionate about. Years ago, you had to go out and find signatories and persuade them and that effort carried weight; now you can simple post up anything on a website and anyone will sign. It's all a complete waste of time. You could put an alternative petition on the Daily Mail site and get 10 times the votes in opposition.
Well, I would not have posted this if I did not care. In this day and age, "online" votes / petitions do play its part. However, this is one way of raising your voice against something which has not been fairly done in past. If you feel that there are other better means to do it, feel free to join it. I am not against "how this is done", but I feel that one should at least raise the voice in a number of ways (online being one way too). Anyway, that is a personal viewpoint. You may disagree, and I have no issues with that.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
Totally in agreement with Luckapooka.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 pm

They promised to improve services by increasing fees in April, so not so long to wait. Running UKBA isn't cheap and should not burden UK tax payer (not you), they say.