ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GROSS SALARY VS TAXABLE PAY Which one to use

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hotmale
India

GROSS SALARY VS TAXABLE PAY Which one to use

Post by hotmale » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi All

I've enough points to claim ILR using my salary for 12 months, however there are two figures on my payslip one says 'Gross' and other says 'taxable Pay', The diffrence in two is the leisure card I bought through a benefit scheme from my company.

'Gross' salary is showing the amount after dedudction and the 'taxble pay' is showing salary including that, I spoke to HR they advised me that Gross amount I should be using is 'Taxable Pay'? I advised them that I need these figures to present to homeoffice.

which really confused me as not sure HR guys are experinced accountants.

Any one had any experince dealing in similar situation or do I need to go to solicitor or accountant?

Regards

uksettlement
India

Re: GROSS SALARY VS TAXABLE PAY Which one to use

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 pm

hotmale wrote:Hi All

I've enough points to claim ILR using my salary for 12 months, however there are two figures on my payslip one says 'Gross' and other says 'taxable Pay', The diffrence in two is the leisure card I bought through a benefit scheme from my company.

'Gross' salary is showing the amount after dedudction and the 'taxble pay' is showing salary including that, I spoke to HR they advised me that Gross amount I should be using is 'Taxable Pay'? I advised them that I need these figures to present to homeoffice.

which really confused me as not sure HR guys are experinced accountants.

Any one had any experince dealing in similar situation or do I need to go to solicitor or accountant?

Regards
You can use gross pay as technically that is your total pay and taxable pay is gross minus a few deductions etc.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:24 am

It's your gross pay before any deductions.
Goodluck.

akb

Post by akb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 pm

It is normally the gross pay. Taxable pay is calculated after certain deductions such as pension contribution. From your explanation, it looks different. In your case your taxable pay is more than your gross pay and I am seeing such a case for the first time.

Regards,
Anoop.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm

use gross pay please.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Mate! use Gross PAY.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 pm

all of u are legends

thank u all.......cheers