ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Visa granted (we assume!!!)

Post by saanju9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 am

Xiaozhu wrote:Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that the UKBA told me today that our documents were posted to us yesterday and should be with us by tomorrow, and also DX left a card in the letterbox for my husband meaning that they tried to deliver his BRP and which in turn means that he has been granted his visa.

It's as if a dark cloud has been lifted from over our heads. This whole thing has been a horrible nightmare and I am so glad it's over for us and that the UKBA seem to have finally started to get their act together and other peoples' visa are coming through thick and fast.

Thank you to all who have given us support over the last few months, this forum really has been helpful.

Wishing you all very speedy visas now and in future!

Xiaozhu

Oh Finally you it..good for you..I am sure its a good news in there..

.Anyways I don't think I need to tell you this but... Next time never ever ever do a postal service with the UKBA.... I think you're new to this system (u being a Brit and Husband just entered UK)...but I have 10yrs(nearing to be 11) of experience with it and it's shit... Bottomline is spend some money but go to the PEO..

LOl ... take it easy

Saanju

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am

mishfitt wrote:If anyone is interested the link below is or the letter i got yesterday from UKBA

http://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Action ... 23a34802cf :D
Thanks for posting.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

shendean

LEAVE OR SOLICITOR??

Post by shendean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 pm

hi all i just refused my visa due to the expiration which i made application on the first which is valid but the second one they accepted it and i have done my bio as well.. thE question is why they accept payment and got my bio if my visa already expired. Whats the best thing to do reapplied in my home country or get solicitor?

refusal letter also means i cant make an appeal!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

phraxed
Newly Registered

Still waiting!!

Post by phraxed » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I have been following this thread from the last one week and I finally got the urge to register so I am here now. I have still been waiting for my documents to arrive. I spoke to Home Office today and my call was answered fairly quickly. The person i spoke to said my application is still not finished and they can't give me a specific time frame for the completion date. I rang my lawyer and he asked me to wait for another 2-3 weeks. What do you guys suggest?

egoneo

Re: Still waiting!!

Post by egoneo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

phraxed wrote:I have been following this thread from the last one week and I finally got the urge to register so I am here now. I have still been waiting for my documents to arrive. I spoke to Home Office today and my call was answered fairly quickly. The person i spoke to said my application is still not finished and they can't give me a specific time frame for the completion date. I rang my lawyer and he asked me to wait for another 2-3 weeks. What do you guys suggest?
they seem to be clearing out the july/august/september applicants backlog so i would guess it would be with you within a couple of weeks!

phraxed
Newly Registered

Post by phraxed » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Finger crossed!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: LEAVE OR SOLICITOR??

Post by sanny26 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 pm

shendean wrote:hi all i just refused my visa due to the expiration which i made application on the first which is valid but the second one they accepted it and i have done my bio as well.. thE question is why they accept payment and got my bio if my visa already expired. Whats the best thing to do reapplied in my home country or get solicitor?

What month did your visa expires?

shendean

Re: LEAVE OR SOLICITOR??

Post by shendean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

sanny26 wrote:
shendean wrote:hi all i just refused my visa due to the expiration which i made application on the first which is valid but the second one they accepted it and i have done my bio as well.. thE question is why they accept payment and got my bio if my visa already expired. Whats the best thing to do reapplied in my home country or get solicitor?

What month did your visa expires?
september
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

KASUK14
Newly Registered

Post by KASUK14 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I've been silently reading posts for about 6 months now. I was SO excited to starting seeing the July/August applicants slowly getting completed. This confidence was rocked with a request for more documents last week...of which had already been provided, so just sent in more recent/ up-to-date documents. I can't believe its been 8 months. I feel like UKBA has skipped over my application to proceed with people that applied in December!! What the heck!!!??? I've waited how long and some of these guys are already getting their documents back. Ridiculous, especially as I have a relatively straight forward case (moving from Tier 4 general student to Unmarried partner).To all of you, thanks for keeping some of my hopes alive... I can't wait to have my decision and be done with this terrible process!!

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

KASUK14 wrote:I've been silently reading posts for about 6 months now. I was SO excited to starting seeing the July/August applicants slowly getting completed. This confidence was rocked with a request for more documents last week...of which had already been provided, so just sent in more recent/ up-to-date documents. I can't believe its been 8 months. I feel like UKBA has skipped over my application to proceed with people that applied in December!! What the heck!!!??? I've waited how long and some of these guys are already getting their documents back. Ridiculous, especially as I have a relatively straight forward case (moving from Tier 4 general student to Unmarried partner).To all of you, thanks for keeping some of my hopes alive... I can't wait to have my decision and be done with this terrible process!!
if they ask for more documents likely the decision is imminent

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Just a quick query are there any special requirements when taking a baby to do biometric(take their photo) what if the baby slightly looks away would ukba still accept the photo?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 pm

sanny26 wrote:Just a quick query are there any special requirements when taking a baby to do biometric(take their photo) what if the baby slightly looks away would ukba still accept the photo?
at the PEO? they wouldnt submit somthing that wasnt of satisfactory condition. If you on purposely try to disrupt the process by not complying they will let you know several times

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:47 pm

sanny26 wrote:Just a quick query are there any special requirements when taking a baby to do biometric(take their photo) what if the baby slightly looks away would ukba still accept the photo?
Dont worry.... That would not be a problem. IN PEO . Even In post office they have a nice system to adjust the height. when we went with our two months baby....the staff who took photo also rang to someone and confirmed
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Still waiting!!

Post by tamilmaran » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

phraxed wrote:I have been following this thread from the last one week and I finally got the urge to register so I am here now. I have still been waiting for my documents to arrive. I spoke to Home Office today and my call was answered fairly quickly. The person i spoke to said my application is still not finished and they can't give me a specific time frame for the completion date. I rang my lawyer and he asked me to wait for another 2-3 weeks. What do you guys suggest?
You will get the same answer from UKBA even after getting your documents and BRP card. That is UKBA....... ( recently I spoke and asked them the tell me something other than the recorded speech ).....
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

whitequeen

Re: Visa granted (we assume!!!)

Post by whitequeen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that the UKBA told me today that our documents were posted to us yesterday and should be with us by tomorrow, and also DX left a card in the letterbox for my husband meaning that they tried to deliver his BRP and which in turn means that he has been granted his visa.

It's as if a dark cloud has been lifted from over our heads. This whole thing has been a horrible nightmare and I am so glad it's over for us and that the UKBA seem to have finally started to get their act together and other peoples' visa are coming through thick and fast.

Thank you to all who have given us support over the last few months, this forum really has been helpful.

Wishing you all very speedy visas now and in future!

Xiaozhu
Finally! Congrats Xiaozhu! :P

kings76

Post by kings76 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 pm

@ xiaohzu congrats you deserve to be happy and @ shendean don't loose Hope and never say never keep trying to see if there is any option touch wood you never knew if you can be lucky

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 am

i feel a bit lost now ive got my BRP back! ive been checking almost daily on here since september! feel like somethings missing now!

good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who have got theirs, also a BIG thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way :D

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 am

mishfitt wrote:i feel a bit lost now ive got my BRP back! ive been checking almost daily on here since september! feel like somethings missing now!

good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who have got theirs, also a BIG thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way :D
it probably takes a while for the news to really sink in. go out get a job and live your life

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am

mishfitt wrote:i feel a bit lost now ive got my BRP back! ive been checking almost daily on here since september! feel like somethings missing now!

Study for your Life in the Uk Test as you'll need that next. Lucky for you, Australia is an English speaking country so no English Test. Unlike others who were born in the colonies and only speak English and still have to do the test. Lucky I only speak English as I would hate to learn it. It is such a jumbled up language.
Last edited by DieselD on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am

Ha ha...that reminds me of Tom Hanks's Block Buster "Cast Away"...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 am

tamilmaran wrote:
Dont worry.... That would not be a problem. IN PEO . Even In post office they have a nice system to adjust the height. when we went with our two months baby....the staff who took photo also rang to someone and confirmed
When i was doing my 10 month old biometric last friday (1st march) while i was holding her a little part of my neck was shown in the pic but the lady that took the pic states its ok to send that one,but yesterday i came home i saw a we missed you note from royal mail but the note is address to my 10 month old daughter and we not expecting anyting apart frm our documents from ukba, so i begin to wonder if their was a problem with her photo that she's taken,because im sure it cant be our documents back so soon even though im only doing a straightforward extension,and next month is gona make 6 months since i made my application. Ive booked a re delivery for tomorrow...

endlesswait
Newly Registered

Post by endlesswait » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17 am

Its finally on my doorstep after an endless 8 months wait!!!!
July Applicant, Bio done sept and visa today. :D :D :D :D :D :D .
Thanking all the active forum members for their advice and contributions.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 am

endlesswait wrote:Its finally on my doorstep after an endless 8 months wait!!!!
July Applicant, Bio done sept and visa today. :D :D :D :D :D :D .
Thanking all the active forum members for their advice and contributions.
Congratulations: - Please advise your timeline and the visa you switched from. It helps others in the forum.
Last edited by DieselD on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlesswait
Newly Registered

Advice please!

Post by endlesswait » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 am

My school is trying to cut my joy short :oops: ,after a relief from my 8months depression.
They are threating fire and brimstone to report me to UKBA because of my enability to make my monthly £700 payment plan. I have paid upto £7000 and £3000 remaining and am finishing my course in 3Months.
What implications will it have on my newly born spouse visa and future dealings with UKBA?
PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Ha ha...that reminds me of Tom Hanks's Block Buster "Cast Away"...
LOL :lol: