ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry on tourist visa after expiry of spousal work visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spunkeroli
Newly Registered

Re-entry on tourist visa after expiry of spousal work visa

Post by Spunkeroli » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi,

My husband's work visa will expire soon. He is Australian and I am British. We want to move to Australia soon, but can't leave the UK (for reasons related to my work) until 2-3 weeks after his work visa expires. He is planning to resign from work and head over to Europe for a couple of days, then re-enter the UK as a tourist.

Do you think he will have problems? I have suggested to him that he carry a letter from his work confirming his resignation, as well as a copy of our onward flights to Australia departing 2-3 week later and perhaps some paperwork explaining our need to remain in the UK a bit longer. Also, would it be advisable for me to travel with him?

Thanks for your help!

Spunkeroli
Newly Registered

Post by Spunkeroli » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am

Anyone? Grateful for any advice. Having researched the matter further, I'll also ensure he has evidence of his financial status (ie enough money to last for his visit). I am really just wondering whether he is likely to encounter any real problems apart from some questioning.

Thanks again.