ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Degree for Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahmatullah

Submitting Degree for Tier 1 extension

Post by rahmatullah » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my extension, do i need to submit my degree? Although the guidance notes says not required, there are mixed messages in the forum which say that UKBA has requested the applicant to provide the degree? And in some cases providing too much evidence may just delay things due to verification. Kindly advice.

Thank you
Rahmatullah

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Not required, if you intend to use the same qualification as the one you did as part of your initial T1G application.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Not required, if you intend to use the same qualification as the one you did as part of your initial T1G application.
If you are going to PEO than take it with you but dont hand it to case worker until he/she asks for it. if applying by post you must have mentioned in the form that you already claimed points in initial application hence not required. If you are claiming another degree than you have to submit the new degree....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

It is NOT required if you have already proved your point in a previous application. If you have a different degree that you want to use to your initial application, then supply it, otherwise do not.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

rahmatullah

Post by rahmatullah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 am

Thank you everyone for the response. Just wanted to highlight the fact that all though it is not required by the policy there have been instances where the case worker has requested for these for postal applications as well, hence i feel it is better to have a folder with optional supporting documents in it with these documents in them. I could be wrong, but this is the impression i get from the various posts on this forum.

Mela

Post by Mela » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm

I always feel that its better to send more supporting docuemnts than less