ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revised SOC code for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Revised SOC code for ILR application

Post by globalindian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am

Hi All,

Need your advice. It seems everyday there is a new hurdle for my journey for ILR. This time it is the revised SOC code and salary threshold.
I will explain my situation.
Background:
I have been in UK since 2008 when I first traveled on UK Work Permit and henceforth my Visa was extended through Tier 2 and Tier 2 ICT Established staff. My Visa is currently with UKBA already for extension under Long term staff.
My SOC code current SOC code is 2132 and salary is £40K.
I am planning to apply for ILR but it seems I can apply only after 6th April considering there is considerable delay from UKBA on processing any application.

So based on the new rule can you please advise what changes I will need to do for my ILR application. Bit confused with so many data in the
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... iew=Binary.

i) As per Page 7:
Tier 2 Long Term staff has a new Threshold of £40,600 from the current £40,000. Is this applicable when I go for ILR application and considering I am already in extension as a work Permit holder?

ii) As per Page 13:
Please note that those who entered Tier 2 under the rules in place from 6 April 2011 are subject to the £20,300 salary threshold for Tier 2 (General) or the related £24,300 or £40,600 thresholds for Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer). Therefore they will need to be earning at least the relevant
threshold amount when they make their next application, even if the appropriate salary rate stated in the relevant table is lower.
Only those who entered Tier 2 (or the work permit arrangements) before 6 April 2011 may be paid below these thresholds, when they apply to extend their stay, change employment, or settle in the UK. However, in most of these cases, the “experienced worker” rate will apply; the “new entrant” rate will only be relevant to those applicants who have been in Tier 2 and/or the work permit arrangements for less than 3 years and 1 month in total when they make their next application.
So does this mean in my case I have to definitely show new salary even if I was on work permit extension before April 2011?

iii) As per Page 15 of the SOC code 2135 experienced worked salary should be £29,800.
I am not able to understand which salary we should consider. As per SOC code regulation I am earning more than required but as per Long term staff the salary threshold is less than the new rate.

iv) If we need a salary hike I don't think any company will be able to make a immediate hike effective from 6th April 2013. Perhaps they will take transitional time to provide the hike or salary slips to employees. Any idea if such situations will be considered by UKBA? Not sure how transitional activities are planned.

Any advise will be really appreciated. :(

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 am

Gurus...Please help.

Post by 2013 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:18 pm

I am on same boat. In my opinion some transitional guideline will be issued.
If you have been assigned visa on 2132 then there is real challenge. In new SOC 2010, there is no 2132. As per annex C , 2132 is mapped with three codes I.e. 2135, 2136,2139.
I am unable to understand what will be caseworker expectation at the time of ILR. They will expect employer letter mentioning 2132 or mapped codes.

This is latest challenge so seniors can analyse the new COP and comment.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks 2013.
I am really worried. Depending on Gurus for advice. :(

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi All,

Any advice in my case please? Thanks in advance. My company is doing my extension currently and confirmed that they don't have any plans for further salary hike since I will not be impacted until next renewal.

I just want to check that as long as I am above the experienced rate is that acceptable for ILR.

Considering I was in UK since 2008 and having subsequent extension , the current extension is in progress am I exempted from the new Long Term Staff (ICT Tier 2) salary (mentioned in Page 7)? i.e. my Current salary is £40K but the new threshold is £40.6K :(

Please advise!!