ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier1 General help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviskar

ILR Tier1 General help

Post by raviskar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK under Tier1 General visa.

Now I am planning to apply for ILR. As I am applying for ILR under Tier1 General visa, I will need to prove my eligibility points.

I am confused on the points given to 'Qualifications Assessment'. The application says

"You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31 March 2009 or
after 5 April 2010; or as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a self employed lawyer."

I hold Bachelor degree from India.

I entered in May 2008 under HSMP and migrated to Tier1 in Oct 2009.

Can someone please clarify whether I can claim points for my qualification or not?

Thanks,
Ravishankar.

uksettlement
India

Re: ILR Tier1 General help

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 am

raviskar wrote:Hi,

I have been in UK under Tier1 General visa.

Now I am planning to apply for ILR. As I am applying for ILR under Tier1 General visa, I will need to prove my eligibility points.

I am confused on the points given to 'Qualifications Assessment'. The application says

"You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31 March 2009 or
after 5 April 2010; or as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a self employed lawyer."

I hold Bachelor degree from India.

I entered in May 2008 under HSMP and migrated to Tier1 in Oct 2009.

Can someone please clarify whether I can claim points for my qualification or not?

Thanks,
Ravishankar.
You can claim the points. If you are claiming the same number of points then you do not need to submit any proof as you had sub,tired the same in your previous application.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 am

Hi uksettlement, thanks for your answer.

I have few more questions.

1) My taxes are paid by my employer as 'Tax Deducted At Source', and I did not need to file the tax returns.

But last year, HMRC had sent me a letter last year asking me to file the tax returns. I completely missed that letter and missed to file the tax returns before the due date. HMRC has asked me to pay a penalty and I am trying to file the tax returns online (it takes couple of weeks to get my online account activated). So at present, I have paid the penalty but have not filed the tax returns yet and I have the ILR appointment in couple of days.

Now, I am not sure whether this will affect my ILR, and do I need to mention it anywhere in my ILR application? Should it be considered a civil penalty?

2) I was sent a summon for missed council tax payment last year, but I paid the fine and summon was cancelled. I hope I dont need to mention on this one.

Can someone please clarify?