ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - SHEFFIELD PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

ILR Success - SHEFFIELD PEO

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 pm

All,

Thanks all for your responses to all my queries, though some of it sounded really silly :)

My husband, me and my son have been approved ILR on 04/03/2013 at the Sheffield PEO.

Appointment at 9am, arrived PEO at 08:45am as we realised that we didn't book the appointment confirmation at the eleventh hour :) and my husband rushed to have it printed. Completed the security check at 09:15, then issued token 09:20 by the receptionist, called for application verification at 09:25 payment made straight after that, waited for Biometric was quite a long wait, called for Biometric at 10:20, then met the case worker at 11:10, she told us the documents were fine and we will have the decision in 45 minutes, called back at 11:45 and told us that she is happy to approve our application and letter was given at 12:10.

Overall it was a good experience.

Our case details:

HSMP Entry Clearance:- 31/03/2008
Entered UK:- 19/05/2008
Job Secured by Main applicant:- 08/10/2008
Tier 1 Extension valid until:- 31/03/2013

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
4. 12 months Current and Savings Account statement of main applicant and dependent
5. 12 months payslips of main applicant and dependent
6. 4 years P60 of main applicant
7. Employment reference letter from Main applicant and dependent
8. Tier 1 Assessment form
9. List of Absences(from the sticky post) letter
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate
12. Birth Certificate of my son

We did carry a few more supporting documents along with us but was not asked for anything else. I think the case worker didn't bother to look at my documents :( anyway but it was no harm submitting extra documents rather than being asked by the Case worker.

Overall experience was good and realised that as far as your case is straight forward, any PEO is good :)

db83

Re: ILR Success - SHEFFIELD PEO

Post by db83 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:All,

Thanks all for your responses to all my queries, though some of it sounded really silly :)

My husband, me and my son have been approved ILR on 04/03/2013 at the Sheffield PEO.

Appointment at 9am, arrived PEO at 08:45am as we realised that we didn't book the appointment confirmation at the eleventh hour :) and my husband rushed to have it printed. Completed the security check at 09:15, then issued token 09:20 by the receptionist, called for application verification at 09:25 payment made straight after that, waited for Biometric was quite a long wait, called for Biometric at 10:20, then met the case worker at 11:10, she told us the documents were fine and we will have the decision in 45 minutes, called back at 11:45 and told us that she is happy to approve our application and letter was given at 12:10.

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
4. 12 months Current and Savings Account statement of main applicant and dependent
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

We did carry a few more supporting documents along with us but was not asked for anything else. I think the case worker didn't bother to look at my documents :( anyway but it was no harm submitting extra documents rather than being asked by the Case worker.

Overall experience was good and realised that as far as your case is straight forward, any PEO is good :)
Congratulations, welcome to the club
I'm just trying to help !

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Congratulations. Well done.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

If you hand over documents,not asked for to the CW,some times could lead to unnecessary problems/queries.

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 pm

@ Kevin24 Thanks and about the extra documents we were pretty sure that my documents would add value to the application and will not create issues, and another reason was we didn't want the case worker to ask any queries about our financial situation and how we manage the fund requirements, etc. so thought this could help us. Anyway this is just in my case and wouldn't recommend for others if this could create problems :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank You Vidhiya. Each applicant and his/her situation is different,to yours.. CWs some times use their discretion but not always. I am Happy for you. Enjoy your ILR with your family.Wish you all the very best.

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Vidhya Bharathidasan,

Congrats for getting ILR.

I have my ILR appointment next month. Can you please help me by answering some questions in the application form

You mentioned that HSMP Entry Clearance as : 31/03/2008 but entered UK on 19/05/2008. So what was your answer for below question in application form

7.11. How long have you lived in the UK

Because you would have not completed 4 years and 11 months by the time you applied for ILR. Did the caseworker asked you any question about this

What was your answer to below question? Have you mentioned Yes to this

D. Continuous Residence Assessment
D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom:

Please let me know

Regards

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

Congrats Vidhya. Can i ask about the following two documents. Are these required to submit?

1- P60 - Can't see anywhere if mentioned this requirement.
2- Marriage Certificate - My wife is already here on dependent visa that means she already proved that we are married.

akb

Post by akb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm

CD_April2013ILR wrote:Hi Vidhya Bharathidasan,

I have my ILR appointment next month. Can you please help me by answering some questions in the application form

You mentioned that HSMP Entry Clearance as : 31/03/2008 but entered UK on 19/05/2008. So what was your answer for below question in application form

Because you would have not completed 4 years and 11 months by the time you applied for ILR. Did the caseworker asked you any question about this

D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom:

Please let me know

Regards
Hi there,

I had similar situation.
Got ILR on 1st march at Liverpool PEO.

7.11 -> I mentioned my actual stay (4y, 10m)

-> I mentioned YES and wrote 4Y, 10M in brackets :D

Regards,
Anoop.

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm

CD_April2013ILR wrote:Hi Vidhya Bharathidasan,

Because you would have not completed 4 years and 11 months by the time you applied for ILR. Did the caseworker asked you any question about this - 4 years 9 Months and no questions regarding this.

D1. Please confirm whether you have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom: YES

Please let me know

Regards

CD_April2013ILR

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Thank you akb,

My case is
HSMP Entry Clearance Date : 02nd May 2008
Entered UK on : 19th July, 2008 (78 days late)
Tier1 Extension : April 2010
Tier1 Valid until : 02nd May, 2013

I am valid to apply for ILR from April 4th, 2013(28 days before my HSMP Entry clearance date). But I would be completing only 4 years and 8 months and 17 days.

so for 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK

I should write 4 years and 8 months.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm

qfmomen wrote:

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

Congrats Vidhya. Can i ask about the following two documents. Are these required to submit?

1- P60 - Can't see anywhere if mentioned this requirement. - No you don't have to, as mentioned in my post I submitted more than what was asked :) ignore it if you dont have it in hand
2- Marriage Certificate - My wife is already here on dependent visa that means she already proved that we are married. - I travelled with my husband to this country as well, but just submitted as I had it in hand but think it shouldn't be a problem if you don't submit it.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:
qfmomen wrote:

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

1- P60 - Can't see anywhere if mentioned this requirement. - No you don't have to, as mentioned in my post I submitted more than what was asked :) ignore it if you dont have it in hand
2- Marriage Certificate - My wife is already here on dependent visa that means she already proved that we are married. - I travelled with my husband to this country as well, but just submitted as I had it in hand but think it shouldn't be a problem if you don't submit it.
Many thanks.

akb

Post by akb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

CD_April2013ILR wrote:Thank you akb,

My case is
HSMP Entry Clearance Date : 02nd May 2008
Entered UK on : 19th July, 2008 (78 days late)
Tier1 Extension : April 2010
Tier1 Valid until : 02nd May, 2013

I am valid to apply for ILR from April 4th, 2013(28 days before my HSMP Entry clearance date). But I would be completing only 4 years and 8 months and 17 days.

so for 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK

I should write 4 years and 8 months.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
You can write 4Years and 8months.
In the other place (D. Continuous Residence Assessment section) you can mention the period including days (4Y, 8M and 17days)

Please refer to my actual post where I mentioned how I explained the shortage in 5 years during my PEO appointment.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 895#798895

Regards,
akb.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 am

qfmomen wrote:
Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:
qfmomen wrote:

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

Many thanks.

Any idea that i can get PEO appointment on 28 or 29 of March if i try today?

akb

Post by akb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 am

qfmomen wrote:
You will be lucky if some cancellation happen. So please keep watching through out day.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 am

akb wrote:
qfmomen wrote:
You will be lucky if some cancellation happen. So please keep watching through out day.

Thanks

shal1981

Post by shal1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Our case details:

Documents submitted
1. Set (O)
2. Photographs
3. Passport
10. Cohabitation Proof
11. marriage certificate

Congrats