ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help I am confused. Financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ataq
Newly Registered

Help I am confused. Financial requirements

Post by ataq » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:11 am

am a british citizen I want to apply for my wife and child to join me.

Can someone help me to understand if my finacial situation meets the requirement for an appliaction.

I have been told the have been recent updates. I know the income I need is £22400 but not sure how
multiple jobs earnings can be combined or the time required to have worked in a job.

Currently I have a job with £19000 salary. I have had this job for three months.
Before this job I did a contarct that I earned £16000.

After a few months from now the total saraly at that point would be more then £22400 earned.

Would this be ok for an application if I apply after the few months considering my current job will be less the £22400 however my total earnings
for the last 12 months has been over that £22400 amount.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I can see what you're attempting to do but I don't think it will be allowed.

If you've been in your current employment at the time of application for 6 months or more, you can apply under category A. However your earnings will need to meet the minimum requirements and be evidenced by 6 months of payslips & bank statements.

If you've been employed for less than 6 months, you can include your earnings from previous employment under category B and be evidenced by 12 months of payslips and bank statements.

At first glance it might appear you could make an application under category B. But, in both categories, your earnings at the time of application MUST meet the minimum requirements.

Under similar circumstances, a category B application might be useful for someone who in the 6 months prior to applying found their wage lower in one or more months but which taken over the year would meet the requirements. In your case, I'm afraid your employment contract and/or letter from your current employer will not show the required £22,400 salary and your application would fail.

This is my understanding of the rules.

ataq
Newly Registered

Post by ataq » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 pm

If the current salary is over the required amount how many months payslips need to be sent, 6 moths or 12.

If two jobs are used to reach the amount does it inrease the amount of months pay slips required

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm

You will need to be employed for 6months or more earning the required amount to qualify. If you are doing 2 jobs to do this then you will need to show 6 months payslips, contracts and employment letters from both employers to do the application.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Is the child yours? If so, that child can be granted a UK passport. You would not have to prove earnings for the child and would only have to prove 18600. You would still need to have been in your job for 6 months...

ataq
Newly Registered

Post by ataq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

SoHopeful - thanks your reply

I want to be sure of this because someone told me if you have two jobs to make up the required amount,
you would need to have done the jobs for 12 months.

Can I get more concensus that 6 months is required only even with 2 jobs.

Regarding the question of making my child a british passport, unfortuanly I was born abroad so
I became British by descent myself which means my child cannot get a british passort while abroad.
Again please cansomeone clarify this as well

thanks

evamila
Newly Registered

Post by evamila » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 am

i had the same issue !! i cant reach 18600 £ as i work part time n cant work a full time !! is there any other solution plz ??

ataq
Newly Registered

Post by ataq » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 am

Can any one else confirm the 6 month or 12 months.

Note I have heard new changes have come increasing if 2 jobs to 12 months, is this true.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am

ataq wrote:Can any one else confirm the 6 month or 12 months.

Note I have heard new changes have come increasing if 2 jobs to 12 months, is this true.
It's not quite as simple as one or the other

see here