ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting ready my ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdf786

Getting ready my ILR application

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi, i am getting ready my ILR application.
Current Status: Tier 1 General
Going to apply on: End of month (28/29 March)
Form: SET(O)
Applicants: Main Applicant, wife and 14 month baby. Wife living with me for 2 years
First Leave Date: 22 April 2008
First Enter into UK: 10th of May 2008
Extension Application Date: before 6th April 2010
Extension awarded: from 22 April 2010 to 22 April 2013
Wife Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Absences: About 6 to 7 weeks
cohabitation letter: Last 7 months Joint bank statements and 3 letters from NHS from last year. one Polling card.
Points: Completing 75 points. No need for maintenance funds ILR
Payslips and bank statements: 12 each.
Other documents: Employment Letter, Life in UK Tests, baby birth certificate and 3 Passports. Degree is not required to send.

Questions (mainly For clarification)

1- Can i apply by the end of March?

2- If i apply by the end of March then i have to put 4 years and 10 months in Question "7.11. how long have you lived in the UK?". Is it fine? Wouldn't it contradict question SECTION 9 - D1

3- Do i need complete 6.3 question asking about the evidence of all the absences from the UK?

4- We both passed Life in the UK Test. Do we need to fill in 4.4 about the Life in UK Test?

5- I am not sure if my fingerprints was taken back in Feb 2008 when i applied for the first time. So do i need to mention it or leave it blank.

6- There are two statements available. “Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply.” and Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. Question is that both statements are same or is there any difference.

7- SECTION 9 c. Age Assessment: First time i applied in first week of Feb 2008 before my 29th Birthday. So i am clamming 10 points. Am i getting it right?

8- Got two birth certificates of my baby? 1- detailed and simple. Which one to send? and do i need to sign if detailed one is required to send.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
Last edited by asdf786 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uksettlement
India

Re: Getting ready my ILR application

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

qfmomen wrote: 1- Can i apply by the end of March?
Yes

2- If i apply by the end of March then i have to put 4 years and 10 months in Question "7.11. how long have you lived in the UK?". Is it fine? Wouldn't it contradict question SECTION 9 - D1
No you are just answering the questions

3- Do i need complete 6.3 question asking about the evidence of all the absences from the UK?
Fill the question if needed also You havent mentioned your current visa status. If you are not providing any proof then leave it blank

4- We both passed Life in the UK Test. Do we need to fill in 4.4 about the Life in UK Test?
No

5- I am not sure if my fingerprints was taken back in Feb 2008 when i applied for the first time. So do i need to mention it or leave it blank.
Fingers prints would have been taken. Mention the details of when you applied for the initial visa

6- There are two statements available. “Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply.” and Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. Question is that both statements are same or is there any difference.
I wouldnt worry too much about this

7- SECTION 9 c. Age Assessment: First time i applied in first week of Feb 2008 before my 29th Birthday. So i am clamming 10 points. Am i getting it right?

8- Got two birth certificates of my baby? 1- detailed and simple. Which one to send? and do i need to sign if detailed one is required to send.
You can claim the same number of points that you got during the initial application

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

asdf786

Re: Getting ready my ILR application

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks a lot for replying. Please if you can comment that my all documents and preparations are fine. I am on Tier 1 General right now.

[quote="uksettlement"][quote="qfmomen"]
Yes
So you means all requirements are met. Like 5 year time period and 28 days before the end of my visa.

No you are just answering the questions

Fill the question if needed also You havent mentioned your current visa status. If you are not providing any proof then leave it blank
Tier 1 General

No

Fingers prints would have been taken. Mention the details of when you applied for the initial visa

I wouldnt worry too much about this

You can claim the same number of points that you got during the initial application

Pls comments about this?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm

all answers are in my initial response. Regarding Birth Certificate as I havent seen it I dont think I am best placed to comment.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm

uksettlement wrote:all answers are in my initial response. Regarding Birth Certificate as I havent seen it I dont think I am best placed to comment.
thanks. Any comments other than my questions? Like did i put things right as per my description above the questions list?

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

One more point i want to clarify. The reason i asked question about applying date is that one of my friend thinks that i can only apply after 12 April. The logic behind he describes is that on 10th April my 4 years and 11 month will be completed and after couple of days then i will be fulfilling the criteria which says that i must not apply earlier than 28 days before the qualifying period.

In simple words his point is that i can only apply after completing 4 yeas 11 months and 2/3 days in uk. (From 10th May 2008 to 12 April 2013)

Your comments pls!!!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Mate!, Please . read the Experience of Vidhiya,at Sheffield PEO on 04/03. See whether you have all the documents she has listed and given to CW.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Mate!, Please . read the Experience of Vidhiya,at Sheffield PEO on 04/03. See whether you have all the documents she has listed and given to CW.
Thanks a lot.

akb

Post by akb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm

qfmomen wrote:
One more point i want to clarify. The reason i asked question about applying date is that one of my friend thinks that i can only apply after 12 April. The logic behind he describes is that on 10th April my 4 years and 11 month will be completed and after couple of days then i will be fulfilling the criteria which says that i must not apply earlier than 28 days before the qualifying period.

In simple words his point is that i can only apply after completing 4 yeas 11 months and 2/3 days in uk. (From 10th May 2008 to 12 April 2013)

Your comments pls!!!
You can apply by end of march. (with in 28 days before your visa expiry)
No need to wait until 10th april.
For birth certificate send the detailed one.

I had similar situation for delayed entry.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 895#798895

Regards,
Anoop.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Was your child born in the UK? If so, then you might want to consider not including your child for ILR. Saves money. The moment you get ILR, your baby's ILR becomes unnecessary (if the baby was included in ILR application). The baby can proceed towards British citizenship and passport as soon as you get your BRP card.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Was your child born in the UK? If so, then you might want to consider not including your child for ILR. Saves money. The moment you get ILR, your baby's ILR becomes unnecessary (if the baby was included in ILR application). The baby can proceed towards British citizenship and passport as soon as you get your BRP card.
Thanks a lot. Actually i got different opinions on this point and that is why i decided to include. I understand your point as well.

What would be your suggestion if i choose to apply in person i.e PEO? How can i exclude my baby in that case?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:26 am

qfmomen wrote: What would be your suggestion if i choose to apply in person i.e PEO? How can i exclude my baby in that case?
If you want to exclude your child at PEO application, simply mention this to CW. Make sure you have a set of form filled up excluding the child dependent.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

akb

Post by akb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
qfmomen wrote: What would be your suggestion if i choose to apply in person i.e PEO? How can i exclude my baby in that case?
If you want to exclude your child at PEO application, simply mention this to CW. Make sure you have a set of form filled up excluding the child dependent.
I also booked PEO appointment including my kid. (Main app + 2 dep). Later applied only for me and my wife. Just mentioned this at the time of payment when I saw my son's name in their list. The lady told that is fine.

Regards,
Anoop.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 am

akb wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:
I also booked PEO appointment including my kid. (Main app + 2 dep). Later applied only for me and my wife. Just mentioned this at the time of payment when I saw my son's name in their list. The lady told that is fine.

Regards,
Anoop.
What happened later? You register your kid as British citizen successfully? Was there any hurdle doing so?

akb

Post by akb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 pm

qfmomen wrote:
What happened later? You register your kid as British citizen successfully? Was there any hurdle doing so?
Yet to register him as BC. Got NCS appointment for 26th March. Wanted to keep his passport with us.