ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit - VAF 1B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Family Visit - VAF 1B

Post by rshelar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi,

I am currently on ILR and plan to invite my parents here on the 5 Year UK Family Visitor visa – VAF1B.

- If they get the visa, can they stay here for more than 6 months in a year with a break in between ? As I know, the visa allows to stay for a continuous period of 6 months. Say if they come, stay for 6 months then go away for a week and come back again. Is this fine or does the visa not permit this ?
- Has anyone done this ?
- Also is there a time limit on the supporting documents I provide- like bank statements or payslips? Do they have to be within 30 day from the date of their application ?

Thanks in advance.

kuruvi

Re: Family Visit - VAF 1B

Post by kuruvi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi,

I am currently on ILR and plan to invite my parents here on the 5 Year UK Family Visitor visa – VAF1B.

- If they get the visa, can they stay here for more than 6 months in a year with a break in between ? As I know, the visa allows to stay for a continuous period of 6 months. Say if they come, stay for 6 months then go away for a week and come back again. Is this fine or does the visa not permit this ?
- Has anyone done this ?
- Also is there a time limit on the supporting documents I provide- like bank statements or payslips? Do they have to be within 30 day from the date of their application ?

Thanks in advance.
My parents were stopped at Heathrow and queried when they came back after spending 3 months outside UK.

One of my friend's mother was queried but let her in with a condition that she should return after a month.

It is very risky and depends on the Immigration officer (and whether he had a good day or not)

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks.

Do you mean they were coming back in 3 months in the same year ? That means they were allowed to stay more than 6 months in the same year (with a break obviously).

Anyone else here who has applied for a 5 Year UK visitors visa ?

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Anyone ?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 pm

They cannot stay more than 6 months regardless of 6,12,5,10 year of visitor visa, and i think they have to give more time to come back, say 6 months minimum.