ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Payslips

Post by anandh79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi,

My employer usually provides the payslip at our desks and does not post it to home.

Due to this, the payslip doesnot have my house address. It has only my full name.

Is this ok as I am going to apply for ILR.

Regards

db83

Post by db83 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Get it signed and sealed by the employer.
It should be okay to have a payslip without your address...as long your name is on it :)
I'm just trying to help !

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

db83 wrote:Get it signed and sealed by the employer.
It should be okay to have a payslip without your address...as long your name is on it :)
Hello DB,

The payslips are issued in sealed envelope only. It has all the details as a typical payslip would look like.

Only thing is it does not have address. For the past three months, my employer have changed the format and have started issuing with address. So it is just matter of from May 2012 to Dec 2012.

Let me know whether this is mandatory requirement to have address. Also, I don't think so you can have it signed or sealed in typical payslip sort of envelope.

Regards

db83

Post by db83 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

anandh79 wrote:
Hello DB,

The payslips are issued in sealed envelope only. It has all the details as a typical payslip would look like.

Only thing is it does not have address. For the past three months, my employer have changed the format and have started issuing with address. So it is just matter of from May 2012 to Dec 2012.

Let me know whether this is mandatory requirement to have address. Also, I don't think so you can have it signed or sealed in typical payslip sort of envelope.

Regards
Check the UKBA website again on what is the format. This is what it says...

What the payslips must show
These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

If you send payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, you must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).
I'm just trying to help !

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks DB,

That cleared the confusion since our company uses formal payslips only and not online or paper. UKBA has not mentioned anything about adding address etc.,

Regards
Anandh.B

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Hello

Just forgot to mention that my payslip has the initial of firstname and full surname.

Eg., Full name = John Smith

My payslip has J.Smith.

Is this fine or can i get supporting letter from company that these payslips are authentic.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 pm

anandh79 wrote:Hello

Just forgot to mention that my payslip has the initial of firstname and full surname.

My payslip has J.Smith.

Is this fine or can i get supporting letter from company that these payslips are authentic.
I dont think that will be needed. Take your contract (for peace of mind) as that would have your full name on it.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

You should follow this advice. It is acceptable.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Payslips

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 pm

anandh79 wrote:Hi,

My employer usually provides the payslip at our desks and does not post it to home.

Due to this, the payslip doesnot have my house address. It has only my full name.

Is this ok as I am going to apply for ILR.

Regards
You can request employer letter confirming your employment. You can also attach employer letter and P60s along with payslips.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

anandh79 wrote:Hello

My payslip has J.Smith.

Yes. You could take an Employer's letter confirming that the Payslips are authentic.In this letter you could include your full Name.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

anandh79 wrote:Just forgot to mention that my payslip has the initial of firstname and full surname.

My payslip has J.Smith.

This is perfectly fine. My payslips have always had my initials and surname on them, and never had my address on them. This was never explained in a letter or ever questioned when I applied for leave to remain (T1G) or ILR.

As you say your payslips are standard original payslips and not online printouts, they will be fine as they are. But do what you feel necessary for peace of mind. I never thought twice about the these particular points and they were never cause for concern or an issue when I applied.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
anandh79 wrote:Just forgot to mention that my payslip has the initial of firstname and full surname.

My payslip has J.Smith.

This is perfectly fine. My payslips have always had my initials and surname on them, and never had my address on them. This was never explained in a letter or ever questioned when I applied for leave to remain (T1G) or ILR.

As you say your payslips are standard original payslips and not online printouts, they will be fine as they are. But do what you feel necessary for peace of mind. I never thought twice about the these particular points and they were never cause for concern or an issue when I applied.
Thank You.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks all,

I had called hmrc and requested for employment history.

Did anyone got the NI contribution also.

As i left a company around march 21, they did not issue me P60 and issued me only P45. So, for this gap, I am requesting HMRC.

I called up NI guys and they said to send an request as soon as they heard it is for homeoffice.

I did it online as well. Let us see, but not sure whether these are must.

Regards
Anandh.B

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm

anandh79 wrote:Thanks all,

As i left a company around march 21, they did not issue me P60 and issued me only P45. So, for this gap, I am requesting HMRC.

I called up NI guys and they said to send an request as soon as they heard it is for homeoffice.

Regards
Anandh.B
Your Employment History will have the same Information as in your P60s. Please Check the figures.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 pm

anandh79 wrote:Thanks all,

Regards
Anandh.B
Are you planning to go for a PEO appointment. When you are ready with all the documents,check those with successful experiences in this forum. Looks like you are trying to get all the documents. But in a PEO appointment you need to give only, the documents,what are asked by the CW.