ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application Waiting Period? - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application Waiting Period? - Pakistan

Post by lxf2442 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Hey All,

i have been going through this web site for the past few days and i must first of all congratulate the people responsible for running and maintaining such an informative forum. It has given me hope when i needed it the most and i find the pages and events told in this forum VERY informative.

i applied for a spouse visa from lahore -pakistan through Gerry's on the 19th of Jan 2007 and although i have not been called for the interview as yet but i think i would be called soon. (fingers crossed) I went to the Uk in 2004 march on a student visa and married my wife in Sept 2006 while i still had a year left on my student visa. In December i had to fly urgently to Pakistan on a family emergency and when i returned after a week i was refused entry into the Uk on the grounds that since i had married while i was in UK my student visa is null and void and i need to go back to my country of origin and apply for a spouse visa. This was very upsetting for us both as you can imagine because its hard for a newly wedded couple to be separated this early. She is a doctor by profession and i plan to continue my carrier as a multimedia developer but so far it seems very hard. i was able to secure a job position in a multimedia company but because of this whole going back to Pakistan situation it has messed it up for me and i don't think they would wait for that long for me to come back and join them.
The lady at the immigration control booth at the airport was understanding and on my request granted me temp visa to stay in the UK over the new years period and i was told to fly back early Jan 2007. While on the temporary visa for those few days we saw a solicitor who told us that the best solution for the problem is for me to go back apply and come back and i should not be worried.

i am sorry i am going on and on but to sum it up
i returned to Pakistan on the 3rd of Jan 2007, i was initially reported to come to heathrow for a flight to Pakistan on the 2nd which i did but the flight never took off due to weather and i was given one day temporary visa for the next flight ( i don't know if it is relevant in the story or not)
anyhow i submitted my application from Lahore gerry's office on the 19th of Jan 2007 and sent my nikah nama(english), my marriage certificate, My wifes letter of appointment and contract, her pay slips, utility bills and the tenancy agreements of the place where we lived together from Sept onwards and all the supporting documents with the application.

Right now i am waiting for the application to be processed but every time i log on to gerrys web site http://www.visadropbox.com i get the message that my visa application is under process. i called them up but the person at the phone is unable to help me as all he can do is type the virification code into the website and tellme the status that comes on the screen (something which i can do myself on the same sebsite) :?

Could anyone please tell me how long does it normally take for the application process to go through and when should i be expecting the interview call if at all!
Any help/ heads up in the matter would be lovely
I miss my wife very much and it seems my life has suddenly ground to a hault. This website is full of stories of people who are in my situation who miss thier other halves and my heart goes out to them as i know exactly what they are going through. Any kind of feedback would be highly appriciated.

cheers

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:32 am

59 views and no reply? :o

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Well my wife submitted hers two days ago in ISB and was told it will take 2-3 months to process.

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:56 pm

I am not sure about Lahore, but the exact waiting period is 12 weeks for Islamabad for straightforward applications and if they require the applicant to attend an interview it is slightly longer. You can check the British High Commission website for the exact waiting time for Lahore. I think it's the same as Islamabad but I'm not entirely sure.

I had the same frustration as yourself logging into the Fedex website and seeing the same message appear day after day 'Your application is in process'. Until they process your visa application, this message will not change. Once they do process your application, you should receive the following message.

'Your visa application/passport has been processed. Please come to the Gerry Fedex Office to collect it, bringing with you your original receipt and National Identity Card' and the date it was processed.

If you receive this message, don't get excited as I did. I thought this meant that my husband has got his visa. He went to the fedex office only to discover that he had an interview letter instead and the interview was in 4 days time!!! Some people I know thought that their partners had got their visas when they read this message on the fedex website but when they turned up at the office, they too got interview letters.

I have heard of many cases where people have prepared an excellent evidence folder and still got rejected for stupid reasons. I hope that your application is accepted and you get the visa!!!

I know what its like to be separated from your partner. I am a newly wed myself and I have been seperated from my partner for many months and still am. We got rejected by Islamabad on 13/02/06 and I am now lodging an appeal though a solicitor. It is costly and the emotional torture you have to go through is unbearable. I also have a baby by my husband and he has not seen his son since he was born 2 months ago. Between the expense of solicitors and looking after a baby and being seperated from my husband, it is enough to drive someone over the edge. Sorry, I sound so depressed, but truth is I am.

Good luck and I really wish you all the best. This is an excellent site for advice/information so don't ever feel you are alone. There are people on here who are going through the same frustration as yourself. :)

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:09 pm

All I can say is that I am in a similar boat. I submitted the application for my wife, in Lahore on 12th Jan.

As of yet, we have not heard anything.

We've been married for almost 2 months now, and for all but a few days of this we have had to spend it apart, so I know how you feel.

All I can suggest is that we hold on tight and pray. If there is any problem with her application, I will move to Pakistan just so I can be with her.

alisameer
Newly Registered

spouse visa islamabad

Post by alisameer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:54 am

hi

lxf2442
i have applied my spouse visa in bhc islamabad start of january.
and still waiting

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:14 am

Wife applied to ISB on 12th Jan and got her interview letter yesterday (March 9).

Hopefully you will hear something soon.

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:18 pm

Dear Mikecharlie,
That is wonderful news to hear your wife got her interview letter! congratulations. I hope she gets the visa! When is her interview?
Hopefully i will hear something similar soon. Its been a long wait. Thankyou everyone for your replies.

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 pm

My wife's interview is on March 21st.

I hope that you also, do not have long to wait now.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:18 pm

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the Fed Ex website says.....it's not updated very often and much of the time they will have your passport and/or papers and you won't even know.

I was lucky in that my husband lived in Islamabad at the time we submitted our application and so he used to drop by a few times a week to check on the status.

Straightforward applications are sometimes dealt with quicker than the 12 weeks they state......ours was processed in less than 9 weeks so there's always hope.

Good luck everyone :)

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:29 am

hey u guys good news, yesterday after checking the application progress status on the http://www.visadropbox.com i was quite excited to find out that it had changed to please come and collect your passport and documents from the fedex office.
It turns out that i got my visa without the need for an interview which is great and i am ecstatic about it.
I have found this website extremely informative and supportive during this tough phase in me life and i am obliged to you all. Thank you everybody.

So yeah in a nutshell. Applied for visa through gerry/fedex from lahore which was sent to british high commission Islalamad on the 19th of Jan 07
on the 14th of March 07 gerry/fedex informed me that my documents have returned and i can collect them when i found out that my passport was stamped and i wasnt called in for an interview.
One thing though.... the visa starting date on the passport is 09 March 2007 WHICH indicates that my visa was processed on the 9th and there was about 5 days delay before it got to me. SO i think we should safely add 10 days into the equation because thats the time it takes them to take the package to the British high commission and bring it back.

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi

Post by alisameer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:01 am

hi lxf oh yes that is great news.congrats yaar.when u r going ?

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:26 am

yeah im thinking 28th from lahore aswell. i read ur goin the same day. have u booked already n if yes which airlines? plan to hook up? :)

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:01 am

Hey All
Just another headsup for anyone applying through Lahore. Always make sure that you are applying for the right visa. I know this sounds kind of stupid but when i submitted my papers at Gerry's office i informing the lady at the desk that i was applying for a spouse visa, she entered my details into her computer and packed my documents in a sealed bag. I was then told to go pay the amount at the till. While i was paying the fee i figured that it was far less than i had originally expected to pay. On further examination of the charges of different visa processing fees i was shocked to find out that they had actually booked my documents as a student visa application and were charging me accordingly. I got the misunderstanding clarified there and then and my documents were re-packaged but i urge people to make sure that when you apply in the future keep an eye out on these kind of slip ups. I am sure it was an honest mistake from her end but it was something that could have caused me a lot of frustration and problems later on.

All the best

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi

Post by alisameer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:15 am

hi lxf.
I am going now on 26th march morning.
Emirates airline.
which air line are u going.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:24 pm

lxf2442 wrote:Hey All
Just another headsup for anyone applying through Lahore. Always make sure that you are applying for the right visa. I know this sounds kind of stupid but when i submitted my papers at Gerry's office i informing the lady at the desk that i was applying for a spouse visa, she entered my details into her computer and packed my documents in a sealed bag. I was then told to go pay the amount at the till. While i was paying the fee i figured that it was far less than i had originally expected to pay. On further examination of the charges of different visa processing fees i was shocked to find out that they had actually booked my documents as a student visa application and were charging me accordingly. I got the misunderstanding clarified there and then and my documents were re-packaged but i urge people to make sure that when you apply in the future keep an eye out on these kind of slip ups. I am sure it was an honest mistake from her end but it was something that could have caused me a lot of frustration and problems later on.

All the best
Seems like lots of people are dissatisfied with the service from Gerrys. They actually managed to lose papers from our application because they insisted on removing it from the folder that it was all stored in neatly. That application was then refused on the grounds that we hadn't provided evidence of xyz.....which turned out to be the papers that fed ex managed to lose. Long story short, we ended up making a second application instead which was luckily successful and processed quickly.

I also hate the way that the staff think they are working in some kind of immigration advisory service, one guy was adamant that we couldn't submit my bank statements but luckily we insisted he bundle up all the papers. Weirdos.

topazstar

How did you get on with visa????

Post by topazstar » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Reading this forum now in September, just really interested to know how the people that applied in Pakistan got on???
We applied early February in Karachi.
An update from everyone that posted in this topic would be so useful.
Best wishes
Jana

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:19 pm

You've been waiting seven months for a decision???? That isn't right.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!