ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Easiest travel method to Germany without EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mimi3
Newly Registered

Easiest travel method to Germany without EEA2?

Post by mimi3 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Hello,

I am a US citizen living and working in the UK as the wife of a Polish national who has been excercizing treaty rights here. My EEA Family Permit will expire mid-April, I've already applied for my EEA2 end of January and gotten my COA and passport returned. I plan to go to Germany in May, and I'm not optimistic that I'd have my EEA2 issued by then. I understand my rights as an EEA spouse and all, and am ready to argue as need be at the border with necessary documents, etc, when returning to the UK. But I am concerned about being denied boarding on any sort of low-cost airline I would usually take for such purposes. I know Ryanair is a definite NO for this, but are there airlines (Easyjet, Lufthansa, Air Berlin...)that are less fussy about letting me travel without an EEA FP or EEA2? Or would it be easier to drive or take a train? What is the best way for me to travel through Europe and back to the UK, subjecting me to the least resistance by the airline or train authorities transporting me?

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Best to apply for german visa, u will get in few days, problem solved!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Easiest travel method to Germany without EEA2?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 pm

mimi3 wrote:I am a US citizen living and working in the UK as the wife of a Polish national who has been excercizing treaty rights here. My EEA Family Permit will expire mid-April, I've already applied for my EEA2 end of January and gotten my COA and passport returned. I plan to go to Germany in May, and I'm not optimistic that I'd have my EEA2 issued by then. I understand my rights as an EEA spouse and all, and am ready to argue as need be at the border with necessary documents, etc, when returning to the UK. But I am concerned about being denied boarding on any sort of low-cost airline I would usually take for such purposes. I know Ryanair is a definite NO for this, but are there airlines (Easyjet, Lufthansa, Air Berlin...)that are less fussy about letting me travel without an EEA FP or EEA2? Or would it be easier to drive or take a train? What is the best way for me to travel through Europe and back to the UK, subjecting me to the least resistance by the airline or train authorities transporting me?
You definitely do not require a visa. You are travelling on a US passport. End of story.

Do you have your passport back?

If you want to be really safe: travel with your wife, carry your marriage certificate, and carry proof that she has been working in the UK

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

US passport holder most probably can freely travel to schengen zone for 90 days. It can be quickest route.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 pm

sheraz7 wrote:US passport holder most probably can freely travel to schengen zone for 90 days. It can be quickest route.
Most probably?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:43 pm

mimi3,

Have you been ever refused entry into a Schengen country?

icexxik

Re: Easiest travel method to Germany without EEA2?

Post by icexxik » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:38 pm

mimi3 wrote:Hello,

I am a US citizen living and working in the UK as the wife of a Polish national who has been excercizing treaty rights here. My EEA Family Permit will expire mid-April, I've already applied for my EEA2 end of January and gotten my COA and passport returned. I plan to go to Germany in May, and I'm not optimistic that I'd have my EEA2 issued by then. I understand my rights as an EEA spouse and all, and am ready to argue as need be at the border with necessary documents, etc, when returning to the UK. But I am concerned about being denied boarding on any sort of low-cost airline I would usually take for such purposes. I know Ryanair is a definite NO for this, but are there airlines (Easyjet, Lufthansa, Air Berlin...)that are less fussy about letting me travel without an EEA FP or EEA2? Or would it be easier to drive or take a train? What is the best way for me to travel through Europe and back to the UK, subjecting me to the least resistance by the airline or train authorities transporting me?
You do not need a visa for travel to Germany. You may enter Schengen zone without a visa for 90 days. If will not require a visa to return to the UK.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS