ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP App-P45/P60

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSUK

HSMP App-P45/P60

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:08 am

If i don't have P60 for current year & have some issues with P45/P60 of last year , what are replacement document for P60 ?

Please could somebody help me ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:26 am

Well of course you will not have a P60 for the current tax year .... the P60 is issued by the employer after the end of the tax year.

If someone leaves an employment during a tax year then they get a P45 showing their pay and tax up to that point in time.
have some issues with P45/P60 of last year
What issues?
John

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:08 am

Issues related to P45 not showing same info as on wage slip..
can i just submit:-
  • Original wage slips
    Bank statements to supprot that
    Current employement offer letter
    a letter from employer to state current salary & designation
whether all above is okay ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 am

Issues related to P45 not showing same info as on wage slip..
Have you taken that up with the employer you used to work for? There might well be another explanation but to me this sounds like tax fraud and HMRC could well be very interested.

You should be able to look at the last payslip issued by that employer and determine exactly what numbers need to go on the form P45.

Do not post the actual name of that previous employer publicly ... but what sort of firm are we talking about? Large? Small? Type of business?
John

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

It's a very small company..

Coming back to my issues,
can i just submit:-

Original wage slips

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am

I think what John is saying is correct. You should get it clarified with your employer.

You have to send latest ITR even if it is useless to claim exceptional circumstances. In other words sending you app without ITR may get rejected, as has happened to other people.

But sending you ITR may get a rejection if the figures dont match. So it need to be clarified by employer.

Employer can issue you new tax statements if required.

John, correct me if i am wrong.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:00 pm

It's a very small company..
Let's give the benefit of the doubt here and assume that it is a genuine mistake. I think you should approach that ex-employer and ask them to correct that mistake ... forthwith!
John

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 pm

i think it's a genuine mistake.
But are we saying or concluding that we must supply P60 / P45 ???

Saying all that , can i just submit below :-

Original wage slips

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:30 pm

My opinion:

Original wage slips - acceptable. If on plain paper, get them signed and stamped from your HR department. Designation of signatory is helpful.
Bank statements to support that - acceptable as long as they mention your employer name against salary credits.
Current employement offer letter - not required
a letter from employer to state current salary & designation - what HO wants to see is the income earned in the last 12 months. So better get a letter from current employer (and if you changed jobs then past employer too) to state your monthly gross and net earnings in each of the 12 months in consideration.

It's all about making your case devoid of any "excuses" that might lead to a rejection.

regards

kinjiru

Post by kinjiru » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:30 pm

One thing must be clear:

You MUST submit a tax form with your appication i.e P60/P45

If you cannot provide a tax form, you MUST claim exceptional circumstances and provide the appropriate evidence.

Failure to do so WILL lead to refusal. (Ofcourse, there might be somebody out there who's got approval without doing the above but I can assure you such a case will be an exception rather than the rule.)

Just thought I'd clarify that for you.

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Please sombody can summarise for me , that assumption /conclusion that
P45 /P60 is ABOSULETLY required, even if i can provide all other documents ?

Any comments from moderators will be a great help ,as all points are view points

Thanks to all for helping me out...

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:57 am

If you have a genuine reason for not showing P60, you must explain in your covering letter as exceptional case. Something like 'lost in post' probably. I'm not sure about P45. I dont think they accept it as a main proof of income. But can be used as supporting document.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:08 pm

I plan to submit my HSMP application next weekend. I have my p60 for last year which covers the period April 2005 - Mar' 2006. My past 12 months earning as of current month will be earning Mar 2006 - Feb 2007. Should I still submit p60 along with Payslip, Bank statement and letter from Employer?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

nouna

Post by nouna » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:53 pm

first2last4 wrote:I plan to submit my HSMP application next weekend. I have my p60 for last year which covers the period April 2005 - Mar' 2006. My past 12 months earning as of current month will be earning Mar 2006 - Feb 2007. Should I still submit p60 along with Payslip, Bank statement and letter from Employer?

YES.

JavaGuy

Post by JavaGuy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:59 pm

SSUK wrote:Please sombody can summarise for me , that assumption /conclusion that

Any comments from moderators will be a great help ,as all points are view points

P60/P45 is ABSOLUTELY required. It is mentioned in the guidance notes and it is not optional (unless you are from a tax free country). It does not help even if you suppy a ton of other documentation if your application is missing a P45/P60.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:36 pm

JavaGuy,

Look at this post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0578#80578

seems like someone has got approval without submiting p60.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:45 pm

JavaGuy wrote:
SSUK wrote:Please sombody can summarise for me , that assumption /conclusion that

P60/P45 is ABSOLUTELY required. It is mentioned in the guidance notes and it is not optional (unless you are from a tax free country). It does not help even if you suppy a ton of other documentation if your application is missing a P45/P60.
I am not sure what to do as I have p60 for last year(So really no collaboration at all for current year) which contains total salary earned for only last 6 month of that year. Before that p60 a p45 and a p60 from previous employer.

I am thinking of only sending the lastest p60 for the last year even though it has salary for only 6 month. Really confused.......