ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eu spusevisa from italy.while residence card in progr

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sierra
- thin ice -

non eu spusevisa from italy.while residence card in progr

Post by sierra » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 am

some of forum members should be aware of our story that we applied residence card for family member of eu citizen in italy for my husband .
i am british citizen exercising eu treaty right in italy as business owner.
my husbands card is under processit can take up to 6 months.
but he got residenza from local commune italian id card issued to him for 10 years.
and residenza certificate issued with all family members name andshowing thier british nationality and proving their right of residence in italy including my non eu spouse.
can my husband get ireland eutr visa asfamily member of eu citizen from itay as we both got residence in italy .
as with italian 10 years id card carta identita . he is classed as italian resident.
only he is waiting for his residence card for family member eu citizen.
we planing to visit ireland and come back to italy.
thanks in advance

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 pm

As far as I understand, if your hasband has a Residence or Permanent residence card from Italy on the basis of being your spouse and you, the EU citizen, exercising your EUTR in Italy, he does not need entry visa to ireland if you are both travelling together and have a marriage cert and his Residence card to show at the port of entry.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

agniukas wrote:As far as I understand, if your hasband has a Residence or Permanent residence card from Italy
I think the card is under process if I read things correctly.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 pm

if the card has not been issued yet, then he will need visa to enter ireland

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:28 pm

yes the residence card is still in progress not yet issued. it can take 6 months to be issued.
but my non eu spous has been issued italian carta identitia . italian id card for 10 years from local commune, town hall.
which every italian and legal resident should have it . and certificatefrom population register showing all of our family namesrelationship etc.
what i want to know is what are the chances of getting a irish visa for my non eu spouse from italy as . EU FAMILY MEMBER to accompany eu spouse . as all will be travelling to ireland together .
as my husbands residence card is in under progress and i am exercising treaty right in italy we are classed as italian residents .
all we want to figure out what will be best option for us to apply for visa to ireland .
wat i got in my mind that is
we will apply for eu spous eaccompany visa to ireand . andwe will only provide marriage certificates and passports and our italian carta identita ,ITALIAN ID CARD VALID FOR 10 YEARS please not that eu residence card that is called soggiorno in italy which police proces .
can irish embassy insist that we should wait my husbands residence card to come than apply for visa .
as my husbands schengen visa has been expired during process of residence card.
but during proces of his residence card untill he is issued the card he is legal and he got italian identity card which has been issued recently for 10 years and he got receipt of residence card processing from police station local questura.
means my husband is legal in italy waiting to issued residence card eu family member .
what we will be applying to accompany eu spouse .
and we will be providing followig
1 . british passport of eu citizen
2. marriage certificate. english and italian legalization translation.
3.italian identity card carta identita valid for 10 years for my spouse and me .
4. angarafe population registration italan certicate of residence and family which shows eu citizen and non eu spouse right of residence in italy .
5.receipt of residence card processing from police station that that is under process.
.6. chamber of commerce and industries registration certificateof our business etc.
we will not provide any bank statement etc as thats not applicable to eu family members according to directives though irish embassy is alwayskeen to ask for that.

the important thing which we want to know is that can italian embassy insist that my non eu spouse should apply from his home country as e is resident in italy his residence card in progress i think i should not be a problem and after metock and others it should not be asked too.
well if any thing we are missing please let us know or if i am wrong some where
thanks in advance.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 am

For now as the EUTR card is not issued, he needs a visa for Ireland. However as the spouse of an EU national it should be easy to get. They are not supposed to ask you more than both passport, a marriage certificate, and a proof that you will be traveling together (plane ticket with both names I guess). The visa must be free of charge and they can refuse it unless they have a strong reason to think you are a threat to national security and public order.
I don't know if they will ask you to prove you are living in Italy, but anyway if they do you seem to have the appropriate documentation so it should be fine.

Once the EUTR residence card is issued. He will be able to come to Ireland without having to apply for a visa as long as you are travelling together (bring the marriage certificate and the Italian EUTR residence card to show to the immigration officer).