ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm

justice12 wrote:extension or not extension is all the seem ! plus extension have to go trough an active review so they can take longer then fresh applications .

guys this topic we have done is for fresh applications based on article 8 ( fresh application of descretionary leave to remain ) based on British wife and British children , if you have 3 years LTR this is not the place to be , you can make new topic and call it ( DLR extension ) thanks .
why not just group all the FLR(O) applications into one topic? it makes it easier. Its not like the forum is flooded with FLR(O) applicants anyway

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 pm

This topic was very interesting before to read all about people who are suffering in this country without any status , they all have the seem problems and they gather here to share their experiences , if you read the title it's says
( descretionary leave waiting time ) not extension time . or ancestry waiting time .

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:49 pm

justice12 wrote:This topic was very interesting before to read all about people who are suffering in this country without any status , they all have the seem problems and they gather here to share their experiences , if you read the title it's says
( descretionary leave waiting time ) not extension time . or ancestry waiting time .
the title is ambiguous because people applying for extension under discretionary leave have to wait as well. They have to go through the same process as everyone in order to get their extension.

11akb

flro waitaing time

Post by 11akb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:52 pm

i think this topic belong to those who are waiting for longtime decision on Flro under article 8 like me its been 9 months and as soon as i will get any result i will share with other so they can think about time frame ...regards

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK - Extension

Post by sanny26 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Procrastinator wrote:Regards
Im doing a extension and its been 5 months now and im still waiting for documents..[/quote]

Thanks for the message. Could you please tell me on what basis you initially got Discretionary Leave for the first 3 years? Also what form you submitted for extension? I am quite surprised, you said it's been 5 months, I thought for an extension you should be getting your passport back within a month. Whilst I understand, the extension is subject to 'active review' but the case worker knows your immigration background and for them, there is normally not much time required for further security checks to process your application.

Your biometric data has been taken so I can expect you will get your documents back shortly. I wish you good luck and thanks for prompt reply to my post. I should think 'extension' FLR(O) is a straightforward application provided that you were not into any criminal activity or 'public disorder' in the first 3 years.[/quote]

I receive a letter from ukba today stating that i have to re do biometric for my 10 month old daughter and ive done it again today so hopefully this one is not a problem... What i would like to know is do they used the photo you take when your doing biometric or they used the passport size photo u used when you made the application?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Procrastinator wrote:Regards
Im doing a extension and its been 5 months now and im still waiting for documents..

Thanks for the message. Could you please tell me on what basis you initially got Discretionary Leave for the first 3 years? Also what form you submitted for extension? I am quite surprised, you said it's been 5 months, I thought for an extension you should be getting your passport back within a month. Whilst I understand, the extension is subject to 'active review' but the case worker knows your immigration background and for them, there is normally not much time required for further security checks to process your application.

Your biometric data has been taken so I can expect you will get your documents back shortly. I wish you good luck and thanks for prompt reply to my post. I should think 'extension' FLR(O) is a straightforward application provided that you were not into any criminal activity or 'public disorder' in the first 3 years.[/quote]

I receive a letter from ukba today stating that i have to re do biometric for my 10 month old daughter and ive done it again today so hopefully this one is not a problem... What i would like to know is do they used the photo you take when your doing biometric or they used the passport size photo u used when you made the application?[/quote]

they use the biometric photo for the biometric residence permit.

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm

tunab2 wrote:
Procrastinator wrote:Hello

I just came across your few threads on this forum. I think I am in the same situation as you.

I applied for a Discretionary Leave to remain in the UK in July 2009; my application was successful and I got my passport back in April 2010. I am not a refugee or a person who qualifies for humanitarian protection. Basically I have been living in this country since November 1994 with both legal and illegal stay. I applied for under 14years rule but my application was not successful for ILR and instead HO gave me DLR.

DLR was given to me initially for three years which now expires in April 2013.
Now my question to you is that do you know how long it takes to get a further 3 years extension if I apply towards the mid of March? I know I will be using FLR(O).

Also, do you know if there's a premium service (i.e. the same day service at the Public Enquiry Desk) for extending DLR?

Can you please share with me your experience, when you applied for an extension and whether you are still waiting to receive your documents back?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
My application is not a extention, but if it is for DLR as well. I apllied on the 7th of July 2012 and i am still waiting for a decision. As Sanny said, it might take a while and i dont think there are any premium service available.

My partner's application is a fresh one based on article8. Biometric data have been submitted since June 2012 and we are still waiting for a decision. I will be surprised if there is any premium service for discretionary leave! They are the lowest in Ukba's priority scale and normally dealt with whenever they feel like. It is indeed disgraceful that one has to wait for a year to have a decision from an organisation like ukba that exist in a so called western world. Myself and my partner are fed up of waiting and frustrated having to keep checking the mail everyday. It is indeed disgusting.

Good Luck!
:!:

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 pm

its been 6 months today since the UKBA got FLR(o) app.

suppose that means i can call and enquire the status of it?? i've been without my passport for so long. My son is nearly 10 months old and my mother has not been able to meet him yet because the UKBA is so behind.

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 pm

its been 6 months today since the UKBA got FLR(o) app.

suppose that means i can call and enquire the status of it?? i've been without my passport for so long. My son is nearly 10 months old and my mother has not been able to meet him yet because the UKBA is so behind.

winners

Post by winners » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 pm

smatts07 wrote:its been 6 months today since the UKBA got FLR(o) app.

Have you done your biometric? or just waiting for decision?

tinapalak

flro application

Post by tinapalak » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi i am new in this form ,here is my timeline
application sent - 27 Sep 2012
Ack. letter received -18 oct 2012
Fee taken -26oct 2012
Biometric letter received -21feb2013
Biometrics done-22 Feb 2013
Decision -still waiting .................

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 pm

smatts07 wrote:its been 6 months today since the UKBA got FLR(o) app.

Hi smatts07,

I am in the same situation as you mine is actually 8 months now nothing from the UKBA i have passed the bio stage but yet got a message from my MP who contacted on my behalf saying my app is waitng to be allocated to a caseworker.

If you find out anything from calling them please share with the community.

Good luck!

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm

tunab2 do you have children in the UK? it is ridiculous that they can keep your documents that long. I was hoping things would be rushed along since it was all in the news about all the backlogged applications. Will definitely keep everyone on here posted. it's nice to know how everyone's applications are progressing (if at all!)

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:03 pm

How many of you who applied Discretionary leave extension under article 8 family life as spouse of British national on Form FLR(O) give English language test certificate with application?

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

smatts07 wrote:tunab2 do you have children in the UK? it is ridiculous that they can keep your documents that long. I was hoping things would be rushed along since it was all in the news about all the backlogged applications. Will definitely keep everyone on here posted. it's nice to know how everyone's applications are progressing (if at all!)
Yes Smatts07 i have a british daughter whose passport is also with them and she could not go on holiday with her mum... :twisted:

All our plans are on hold...It has been a nightmarish journey for us. I am planning to write to them myself. I have already tried my MP no luck ith that. UKBA replied tha i do not have a compelling case for them to speed up the application - Are they serious? Are they waitng for me to send them a letter that i will be dying in a week for them to process it. I lost a friend 2 summers ago to cancer and her application was only granted after they had evidence she was terminal. And that's after a 2.5years wait...that was inhumane....

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Really?? I didn't send off my son's passport, because he wouldn't be a dependent for my application, because hes born here and whatnot, I am sure that I didn't need to put his passport in there. I did send his birth certificate in there. It's only me that needs permission to stay here.

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:02 pm

smatts07 wrote:Really?? I didn't send off my son's passport, because he wouldn't be a dependent for my application, because hes born here and whatnot, I am sure that I didn't need to put his passport in there. I did send his birth certificate in there. It's only me that needs permission to stay here.
I sent everything i thought useful - The last thing i want is the UKBA getting back to me asking for more Docs. So i innondated them with evidence so they dnt get back to me for anything. All i need from them now is a simple YES we are granting ....or NO we are refusing. Then we'll initiate a judicial battle.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm

[quote="tunab2"][quote="smatts07"]Really?? I didn't send off my son's passport, because he wouldn't be a dependent for my application, because hes born here and whatnot, I am sure that I didn't need to put his passport in there. I did send his birth certificate in there. It's only me that needs permission to stay here.[/quote]

I sent everything i thought useful - The last thing i want is the UKBA getting back to me asking for more Docs. So i innondated them with evidence so they dnt get back to me for anything. All i need from them now is a simple YES we are granting ....or NO we are refusing. Then we'll initiate a judicial battle.[/quote]

The seem circumstances like you ! British wife & British daughter , done my biometrics on the 24 April last year and still waiting !!!!

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 pm

justice12 wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
smatts07 wrote:Really?? I didn't send off my son's passport, because he wouldn't be a dependent for my application, because hes born here and whatnot, I am sure that I didn't need to put his passport in there. I did send his birth certificate in there. It's only me that needs permission to stay here.
I sent everything i thought useful - The last thing i want is the UKBA getting back to me asking for more Docs. So i innondated them with evidence so they dnt get back to me for anything. All i need from them now is a simple YES we are granting ....or NO we are refusing. Then we'll initiate a judicial battle.
The seem circumstances like you ! British wife & British daughter , done my biometrics on the 24 April last year and still waiting !!!!
That is an awful long time...Have you tried to get in touch? I only submitted my Bio last month. How can they delay it like that?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 pm

[quote="tunab2"][quote="justice12"][quote="tunab2"][quote="smatts07"]Really?? I didn't send off my son's passport, because he wouldn't be a dependent for my application, because hes born here and whatnot, I am sure that I didn't need to put his passport in there. I did send his birth certificate in there. It's only me that needs permission to stay here.[/quote]

I sent everything i thought useful - The last thing i want is the UKBA getting back to me asking for more Docs. So i innondated them with evidence so they dnt get back to me for anything. All i need from them now is a simple YES we are granting ....or NO we are refusing. Then we'll initiate a judicial battle.[/quote]

The seem circumstances like you ! British wife & British daughter , done my biometrics on the 24 April last year and still waiting !!!![/quote]

That is an awful long time...Have you tried to get in touch? I only submitted my Bio last month. How can they delay it like that?[/quote] I did says that they are reviewing applications where BIO is captured at the end of April 2012 !!.

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 pm

justice12 wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
justice12 wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
That is an awful long time...Have you tried to get in touch? I only submitted my Bio last month. How can they delay it like that?
I did says that they are reviewing applications where BIO is captured at the end of April 2012 !!.
Yours should be on the way soon then...Good luck mate!!!

venividivici in God
Newly Registered

Post by venividivici in God » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Folks

I have been a viewer of this forum for a few years. I thank all those who have posted, their stories, it brings hope to so many. For all those in situations there is light at the end of the tunnel. I came to the UK on a Student visa in 1999. I overstayed my visa due to circumstances beyond my control.
I met my wife five years ago and we have two wonderful children, they are all British citizens by birth. I applied for DLR under family life and article 8. I am also the main care giver as I had to give up work to make the application. Here is my timeline:

Date application received :06/07/2012
Ack. letter received : 12/07/2012
Biometric Inv. : 21/01/2013
Biometrics done : 22/01/2013
Received Documents: 06/03/2013 (with letter informing ihad been granted 2.5 yrs)
BRP: waiting

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm

venividivici in God, congrats on your approval!!! glad to hear it took less than 2 months for approval after getting your BIO enrolled.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

congratulation well done .
They are jumping the queue !!!!!!
I have done my bio in Last April 2012 and I'm still waiting !!!!!

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Is there anyone who applied under the 7 year child concession .can anybody tell me how long they can take for a decision after the biometric ?
[/b]