ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding Tier 2 Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jay001
Newly Registered

Finding Tier 2 Sponsor

Post by Jay001 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am

Hi all,

I am urgently looking to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General as my current employer has planned to shift me back to home country after nearly 5 years.

Could someone please help my telling if it's possible and the fastest/best way to find a genuine sponsor for Tier 2 General?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Finding Tier 2 Sponsor

Post by physicskate » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Jay001 wrote:Hi all,

I am urgently looking to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General as my current employer has planned to shift me back to home country after nearly 5 years.

Could someone please help my telling if it's possible and the fastest/best way to find a genuine sponsor for Tier 2 General?
Look for job adverts at companies on the register of sponsors in your field in a job that is NQF 6 and fits the salary brief for your soc code. Approach them and ask if they will consider your application.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm

What industry you work in?

Jay001
Newly Registered

Post by Jay001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 pm

physicskate wrote:

Look for job adverts at companies on the register of sponsors in your field in a job that is NQF 6 and fits the salary brief for your soc code. Approach them and ask if they will consider your application.

Thanks physicskate,

Yes my profiel comes under NQF 6 current salary is as per SOC.
Last edited by Jay001 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay001
Newly Registered

Post by Jay001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:

What industry you work in?
Gagan,

I am into these roles: Test Lead, Test Analyst, Sr Software Test Engineer with 8 yrs experience (nearly 5 yrs in UK at client location).

Jay001
Newly Registered

Post by Jay001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Dear all,

In general just curious please:

01> Is it easy for people to find out new Tier 2 General sponsor within UK?

02> How is the experience with you all please? Do employers really hire people this route (considering the hassle for them to get RLMT, CoS, and time delays)? OR they just have sponsor licenses to get their OWN employees FROM their offshore offices TO UK?

I had been applying to employers in my domain from register of sponsors since couple weeks but no luck yet!!!

If less chances, should I just give up!!!

Prash_13
Newly Registered

Post by Prash_13 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Jay,

Don't give up. Some employers will be ready to sponsor if you select. Recently even I got the sponsorship. I was also in the same situation as you few months back. So keep trying, just only one you required.

Jay001
Newly Registered

Post by Jay001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks Prash,

Any specific approach/websites you can suggest to looko for one!

You can also email me any other relevant details @ digvijay.singh22@gmail.com

Prash_13
Newly Registered

Post by Prash_13 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Jay,

I was just keep applying for all permanent jobs in LinkedIn and Jobserve. When you get a initial call, tell the HR directly that you need a sponsorship if selected. Some may sorry we won't sponsor and some may say ok will see that later if you are selected.

Also, before applying for jobs, check that whether the employer is registered with UKBA to sponsor Tier 2. You can find that information here,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors

Best of luck.... Keep trying you will get one sure...

Jay001
Newly Registered

Post by Jay001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks